A split of head office and field based, the role requires a full understanding of the division s supply chain requirements and food localization strategy. Develop and implement plan for strategic food development for the brands in collaboration with service managers and procurement teams. Manage the overall NPD process and maintain relationship with local and regional food manufacturers.
The below Key Performance Areas include but are not limited to:
Manage the food development process and related activities:
Develop policies and procedures for new product development process including supplier selection criteria.
• Manage the product development process by coordinating with the suppliers, procurement team, service manager, brand and host brand if applicable
• Create and maintain product briefs that define reasons, scope, location and features of new product to be developed.
• Update and maintain annual NPD plan whereby projects are listed by brand and bear completion timelines.
• Work with the suppliers, MHA QA team, brand and host brand to ensure product specification is drafted and approved by all related stakeholders.
• Update and maintain NPD process tracker that captures all phases of product development from the request made up until commercialization of the product.
• Work with Service Managers and Procurement teams to assess product localization and technical feasibility and align with them on strategic 2 year product development plan.
• Ensure suppliers are briefed with product requirements, recipes and technical specifications and sign Non-Disclosure Agreements with MHA.
• Assess supplier s technical capabilities, production capacity, international and MHA food safety and quality standards.
• Organize product sample testing and formulate feedback reports with proper communication to all stakeholders.
• Attend to quality issues and complaints rising from newly developed products and follow up with the supplier for improvements or rectification.
• Ensure suppliers that are developing new products have their production facilities and products approved by MHA QA.
Ensure continuous improvement in NPD processes:
• Researching the latest food processing and R&D technologies and exploring opportunities to utilize them in MHA business
• Continuously monitoring the NPD process and improving it by modifying or amending the existing policies and procedures.
Manage the divisional relationships:
• Identify and attempt to resolve any threats to key supply chain objectives (cost, source, inventory, availability) and duly escalate issues to line management so that risks are communicated effectively.
• Coordinate with QA to ensure suppliers comply with MHA and International health and safety standards.
• Develop and maintain excellent working relationship with internal and external brand teams in order to gain their full support for localization projects.
• Coordinate with Alshaya Food for developing specific products for the brands by securing the product brief, clear specifications, production and testing guidelines and coordinating sample testing process
Self-Development and Skills enhancement:
• Plan and Implement self-development program with the help of Head of Brand Services and HR Business Partner by attending training programs, food forums and fairs, setting clear objectives and performance standards, providing and receiving feedback on performance.
• Excellent knowledge of food ingredients, latest trends in food, health and safety issues associated with food manufacturing and ingredients
• Good Knowledge of regional and international suppliers and food manufacturers
• Good understanding of food supply chain business and in particular food service supply chain
• Understanding of region s Halal as well as other regulatory requirements
• Acceptable understanding of project management methods and approaches.
• Minimum 8 years in culinary or food development environment
• Minimum 5 years of R&D experience
• Experience in manufacturing environment is preferred
• Experience with multinational food service companies is preferred
• Experience in the GCC region is preferred
Excellent oral and written communication skills, team player and collaborator, demonstrates high levels of leadership and social skills, maturity and ability to work in a structured manner.