Location : Abha, with travel around Saudi Arabia
Contract : Freelance, Part-time
Start Date : Immediate
Salary : Competitive
We ask all candidates to please submit their applications in English
YOU LL BE AMAZED AT WHAT WE DO
Hawk-Eye Innovations develops, markets, and delivers the most sophisticated officiating tool in sport. Beginning with tennis and cricket in 2001, Hawk-Eye continues to diversify and grow into new sports and new applications through its commitment to new ideas and cutting edge technology. It is accurate, reliable, and practical, with fans around the globe now demanding it to be a part of serious sports events.
We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Europe, and are a fundamental part of officiating and broadcasting in over 25 international sports across our Ball Tracking, SMART (Synchronised Multi-Angle Replay Technology) and SMART Production products. Every year we cover over 20,000 events and games across 500 stadiums in over 90 countries.
We now deliver services to 17 out of the top 20 most valuable sports leagues in the world. Our opportunities are endless, as we push the boundaries of technology in all areas of Sport.
WHAT THE JOB IS ALL ABOUT
We are recruiting to expand our Operations team. You will be part of a dynamic team responsible for game changing decisions made by our review system.
This is an exciting opportunity to work at the forefront of sports technology in top-flight football leagues as part of a young and dynamic team. The system operator is primarily responsible will be operating the Video Assistant Referee (VAR) technology.
Hawk-Eye s Synchronised Multi-Angle Replay Technology (SMART) is an exciting video replay and distribution technology that puts control of live video content into the hands of those who need it the most. By combining feeds from broadcast cameras, SMART Replay helps officials in football and many more sports make decisions on game-changing moments. This technology is used to provide VAR services.
As Systems Operator you will be involved in conducting pre-match checks, liaising with match officials, and operating the system during the match. This role will include frequent weekend work.
• Conduct pre-match checks to ensure the system is set up correctly
• Monitor and operate the system during the match
• Work with match officials, responding to their requests for replays and quickly delivering them the best possible angles to make crucial decisions
• Software performance analysis
• Outside of match days the role will encompass maintenance of kit and equipment needed to run the system
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
• A strong technical grounding, ideally with a degree in a science, technology, mathematics or engineering course or equivalent
• Bright and enterprising, with excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Proactive attitude and ability to work on your own initiative
• Time management skills and ability to work in a high pressure, live broadcast environment
• Ability to liaise with clients and customers in a professional and approachable manner
• Strong interest in Football, with a good understanding of the laws of the game, knowledge of players and current events in the sport
• Fluency in both English and Arabic
WHAT YOU LL GET FROM US
• A high-autonomy role with real exposure to the forefront of the sports officiating and broadcasting world
• The opportunity to travel to some of the most well-known and exciting stadia around the country
• Access to the some of the most intelligent, innovative and driven people in our industry