• Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
• Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
• Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
• Anticipate guests needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
• Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
• Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
• Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
• All hotel features/services, hours of operation.
• All room types, numbers, layout, decor, appointments and location.
• All room rates, special packages and promotions.
• Daily house counts and expected arrivals/departures.
• Room availability status for any given day.
• Scheduled in-house group activities, locations and times.
• All hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
• Access all functions of the computer system.
• Establish par levels for supplies and equipment. Complete requisitions to replenish shortages or additional items needed for the anticipated business.
• Ensure that current information on rates, packages and promotions is available at the Front Desk and that all staff are knowledgeable on such.
• Review the daily business levels, anticipate critical situations and plan effective solutions to best expedite these situations.
• Monitor revenues derived from telephone, garage and sundries. Track actual against budget.
• Monitor communication logs and ensure that guest requests are addressed.
• Monitor safe deposit box procedures; audit accuracy of cards with proper signatures and ensure availability of keys.
Monitor and ensure that all cashiering procedures comply with Accounting policies and standards:
• Contracted banks
• Late charges
• Petty cash/paid outs
• Posting charges
• Making change for guests
• Cashing personal/travelers checks
• Payment methods/processing
• Settling accounts
• Closing reports
• Cashier reports
• Balancing receipts
• Dropping receipts
• Securing banks
• Review previous night's no-shows, verify and ensure billing of such.
• Assist Accounting in researching all disputed charges and contact guests where required to explain disputes regarding Front Desk procedures.
• Assist staff with expediting problem payments.
• Anticipate sold-out situations and know how many rooms are overbooked. Handle overbooked or walked guests.
• Audit surrounding area hotels daily for status of rooms, rates, discount rates and packages. Maintain current list of available locations for walk situations.
• Anticipate low occupancy periods and coordinate blocking of rooms with Executive Housekeeper to maximize labor costs, deep cleaning and maintenance of rooms.
• Review the arrival report for accuracy and completeness. Check printed registration cards against information on arrival report; rectify any deficiencies with respective personnel.
• Ensure that all VIPs are pre-registered according to standards. Monitor VIP arrivals; greet and escort them to their room.
• Work closely with Housekeeping management to ensure accurate status of each room, readiness of rooms for check-in and to report guest concerns.
• Print special request report and block according to specifications.
• Balance room types daily.
• Print credit check report and review status of each account. Follow up on accounts beyond approved credit limits.
• Review resumes for arriving groups; organize and coordinate master accounts and check-in/ pre-registration procedures.
• Print and review masters for departed groups; check accuracy and distribute to Accounting. Review flag reports and follow up accordingly.
• Coordinate delivery time of amenities with Room Service, ensuring timely delivery.
• Review requests for late checkouts and approve according to occupancy. Communicate this information to Housekeeping.
• Review limousine request forms and chart information on booking calendar. Ensure that all pick-ups have room reservations and that all departures are still in-house; reconfirm departure times with in-house guests.
• Review all out-of-order rooms daily with respective departments to determine most current status and estimated date for return to room inventory.
• Print report on discrepant rooms, research discrepancies and enter current status accordingly.
• Complete an inspection of all guestroom floors, public areas and restrooms daily and rectify deficiencies with respective departments.
• Complete bucket check nightly.
• Ensure that designated hotel entrances are locked at specified times.
• Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on hotel premises and escort off property. Contact Security where necessary.
• Ensure all closing duties for staff are completed before staff sign out.
• Provide feedback to staff on their performance. Handle disciplinary problems and counsel employees.
• Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
• Prepare and submit daily/weekly payroll records.
• Complete work orders for maintenance repairs and submit to Engineering. Contact Engineering directly for urgent repairs.
• Document pertinent information in department logbook.
• Complete all paperwork and closing duties.
• Review status of assignments and any follow-up action with on-coming Supervisor.
• All other duties as required.
Minimum two years experience as a Front Desk Agent for a luxury or ultra-luxury property
High school diploma.
Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
Familiarity with yield management and cost controls; ability to suggestively sell available rooms; ability to input and access information into system; ability to remain calm and courteous with demanding/difficult guests; ability to perform job functions to standards under pressure; ability to ensure security and confidentiality of guests; ability to work without directs supervision.