SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
• A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
• Number of Direct Reports - 1
• Titles of Direct Reports Front Desk Agent/Team Leader
• Previous experience working within a Front Office hotel environment in the 5 star/luxury market is essential
• Having an experience in similar position for at least 12 months preferred
Skills and Knowledge
• Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
• Pro-active and reliable
• MICROS, OPERA, Guestware, Microsoft Office, FCS or telephone software and other related operating systems
• Flexible and ability to work around the clock
• Ability to work collaboratively with hotel service team in providing exceptional customer service excellent telephone etiquette
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Strong organization and working to deadline skills
• Have a complete understanding of the Marriott Reward program
• Deliver trainings
Education or Certification
• Good level of English essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
• Be familiar with Hotel services, operational hours and ongoing promotions.
• Have a thorough knowledge of JW Marriott Marquis Dubai products and services.
• Maintain good working relationship with all hotel departments.
• Have a good knowledge of local area and surrounding facilities. Provide recommendations and direction to guests whenever needed.
• Check House Count to establish selling strategy for the shift. Monitoring it regularly during shift and responding to any changes.
• Ensure daily all forms of communication are used to full capacity and relevant information is handed over to the next shift throughout the shift and briefings.
• Demonstrate and promote quality awareness amongst front office desk team. Seek ways to improve and maintain guest satisfaction scores for all front desk associates.
• Ensure all require reports are printed, performed and filed according to the standards.
• Ensure smooth check-in and check-out of all guests, and proper handling of all guest accounts.
• Supervise VIP and Marriott Rewards Elite member arrivals. Ensure meet and greet for Elite member.
• Ensure all guest requests are met and special requirements/preferences are taken into account.
• Ensure that all arrivals, departures, no shows, extensions, amendments and OPERA related matters are performed on a timely manner in order to avoid further confusion.
• Ensure that all concerned departments are informed in regards of room moves, no-shows, early arrivals, special requests, repeat guests or other guest preferences.
• Be fully aware of Credit Policy and supervise compliance. Inform your manager and concerned departments about any possible credit risks.
• Be familiar and promote Marriott Rewards Program and encourage all front office associates in order to achieve monthly target.
• Have a thorough knowledge on virtual concierge and ensure that all guest requests and information updated in OPERA and communicated to other departments.
• Supervise accurate and thorough Bucket Check.
• Encourage all associates to keep working areas clean and tidy.
• Have a thorough knowledge of OPERA, MARSHA, IMS, Guestware and other front office related operational software.
• Be familiar with all S.O.P.s and L.S.O.P.s relating to the front office operations
• Participate in the training and development of front desk associates and provide training to associates when necessary
• Be aware of remedial steps to be taken to rectify Housekeeping discrepancies.
• Support and practice Empowerment within front office
• Understand all front office sections and their operational requirements.
• Run the night operations for the hotel; ensure proper closing of the day and delivery of the reports.
• Identify and resolve guests problems efficiently and resolve to the guest satisfaction
• Have a thorough knowledge of all Emergency Procedures
• Supervise guest registration and all relevant registration details required by the UAE law.
• Assuring that all front office receptionists are continually updated with hotel rates, packages and discounts
• Have a thorough knowledge of Visa policy and procedures and assist in absence of visa coordinator.
• Supervise compliance of FO Receptionists in Cash handling procedures to maintain an accurate float.
• Regularly conduct PCI audits in order to ensure compliance according to Marriott International standards.
• Be security conscious at all times and inform Manager on Duty of anything suspicious.
• Prepare and ensure timely delivery of daily reports to other departments as well as executive office
• Assist in maintaining of bulletin board, or other visual representation, to note any outstanding issues, supply shortages within front office department.
• Develop knowledge about frequent guests and their special requests and needs. Ensure the information is updated and maintained in guest profiles accordingly.
• Each associate is expected to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests by management
• Be flexible according to the business need
• Have an excellent approach to customer service
• Have strong organizational skills; always practice Clean as you go
• Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
• Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
• Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.