Posting Date Mar 8, 2018
Job Number 18000N11
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Lapita, Dubai Parks and Resorts, Autograph Collection, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Lapita is a Polynesian themed hotel, located in the heart of Dubai Parks and Resorts. A hotel which is dedicated to families and friends who want to stay close to all the activities that the theme parks will be offering. With 504 rooms, including 60 suites and 3 villas, Lapita is the perfect relaxation point after a day of adventures and fun. Part of Marriott's Autograph Collection this amazing hotel offers five food and beverage outlets, two outdoor pools and a lazy river, a spa and health club, Luna & Nova Kids & Teens Club as well as meeting and event facilities. The hotel's name was inspired by the pre-historic Pacific Ocean people and their journey and settlement into the Islands ( the Lapita movement ). The design draws its inspiration from the exotic Polynesian tropical landscapes, featuring Polynesian flowers, lagoon-style pools, and themed activities.
Marriott's Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury independent partner hotels, each with its own distinct personality, experience, style and features. Located in major cities and desirable destinations around the world, Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.
front desk associates to ensure all hotel policies, procedures, regulations and
standards are followed.
that front desk operations runs smoothly in a professional manner at all times.
all front desk related responsibilities and duties when assigned or required.
leadership in the absence of front desk manager
appropriate and adequate training of all front desk associates including all
on-the-job, off-the-job and 15min training. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards;
anticipate and address guests service needs.
• Previous experience working within a Front Office hotel
environment in the 5 star/luxury market is essential
• Having an
experience in similar position for at least 12 months preferred
Skills and Knowledge
• Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
• Pro-active and reliable
• MICROS, OPERA, Guestware, Microsoft Office, FCS or telephone
software and other related operating systems
• Flexible and ability to work around the clock
• Ability to work
collaboratively with hotel service team in providing exceptional customer
service excellent telephone etiquette
organization and working to deadline skills
• Have a complete understanding of the Marriott Reward program
• Good level of English essential
• Be familiar with
Hotel services, operational hours and ongoing promotions.
• Have a thorough
knowledge of Lapita Hotel products and services.
• Maintain good
working relationship with all hotel departments.
• Have a good
knowledge of local area and surrounding facilities. Provide recommendations and
direction to guests whenever needed.
• Check House Count to establish selling strategy for the
shift. Monitoring it regularly during shift and responding to any changes.
• Ensure daily all forms of communication are used to full
capacity and relevant information is handed over to the next shift throughout
the shift and briefings.
• Demonstrate and promote quality awareness amongst front office
desk team. Seek ways to improve and maintain guest satisfaction scores for all
front desk associates.
• Ensure all require reports are printed, performed and filed
according to the standards.
• Ensure smooth check-in and check-out of all guests, and proper
handling of all guest accounts.
• Supervise VIP and Marriott Rewards Elite member arrivals.
Ensure meet and greet for Elite member.
• Ensure all guest requests are met and special requirements/preferences
are taken into account.
• Ensure that all arrivals, departures, no shows, extensions,
amendments and OPERA related matters are performed on a timely manner in order
to avoid further confusion.
• Ensure that all concerned departments are informed in
regards of room moves, no-shows, early arrivals, special requests, repeat
guests or other guest preferences.
• Be fully aware of Credit Policy and supervise compliance.
Inform your manager and concerned departments about any possible credit risks.
• Be familiar and promote Marriott Rewards Program and
encourage all front office associates in order to achieve monthly target.
• Have a thorough knowledge on virtual concierge and ensure
that all guest requests and information updated in OPERA and communicated to
• Supervise accurate and thorough Bucket Check.
• Encourage all associates to keep working areas clean and
• Have a thorough knowledge of OPERA, MARSHA, IMS, Guest ware
and other front office related operational software.
• Be familiar with all S.O.P.s and L.S.O.P.s relating to the front
• Participate in the training and development of front desk associates
and provide training to associates when necessary
• Be aware of remedial steps to be taken to rectify
• Support and practice Empowerment within front office
• Understand all front office sections and their operational
• Run the night operations for the hotel; ensure proper closing
of the day and delivery of the reports.
• Identify and resolve guests problems efficiently and resolve
to the guest satisfaction
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Industry Type :
Hotels / Hospitality
Functional Area :
Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Front Desk