Front Desk Agent
The overall scope of the job includes of providing a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service consistent with the standards of the hotel and in line with Kempinski s DNA values in order to encourage sales and maximize guest satisfaction.
Kempinski Hotel and Residences Palm Jumeirah
Hotel and Residences Palm Jumeirah is located on the Palm, one of Dubai's most
sought-after areas, a stay here means being immersed in luxury. It
offers 244 luxurious suites, villas and penthouses, situated on five
sprawling acres of territory. It combines five Food and Beverage outlets,
the Parisian-inspired Cinq Mondes Spa, and private beach.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Check in the arriving guest and check out the departing guests in a friendly and caring manner according to the Kempinski and Leading Quality Assurance (LQA) standards.
• Upon check in, register guest and assign rooms. Accommodate special requests whenever possible. If needed, assist guests in completing the registration cards. Use suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel. Verify the guest s method of payment and follow established credit-checking procedures or refer cash handling payment to cashiers.
• Upon departure of guests, process the guest check out procedures. Inquire for last minute charges. Receive payment from guests. Settle the guest account and give copy of the invoice.
• Handle all front office cashiers transactions such as posting charges to guests and exchanging foreign currency according to the procedures. At the end of shift, balance their cash float.
• Answer all guest requests and questions in a friendly and caring manner, whether by telephone or in person, provide/receive information and takes appropriate actions or refer the matters to the relevant persons to handle. It may be and not inclusive of issuing a safe deposit box, handling messages or dealing with a complaints.
• Coordinate room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying them of late check-outs, early check-ins and special requests.
• Keep themselves informed of product and service knowledge as well as the hotel daily and meeting activities.
• Possess a working knowledge of the room reservation procedures.
• Maintain the neatness of his/her working area.
• Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.