T o manage the operations of the Front Office Department by ensuring product quality standards are met and that optimum service is provided to all hotel guests according to the hotel's and InterContinental Hotels Group business objectives. To perform the human resource function in ensuring staff selection, training, counselling and recognition programs are adhered to in order to maximize performance standards and to adhere to guest service standards in order to maximise guest satisfaction.
At Crowne Plaza , we want our guests to feel able to do their best, achieve their goals and be recognized for their success. To help them, we need you to stay One Step Ahead and:
Create Confidence - by being an expert at what you do; by acting and looking the part and adapting your style to match your guests' pace in all you do. Encourages Success - by supporting and respecting your guests and their goals; by recognizing them and making them feel valued and important and offering thoughtful choices to help them feel restored and balanced. M ake It Happen - by being perceptive to your guests' needs; by taking ownership for getting things done and working seamlessly with others to help guests be successful.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. 1. Monitor front office personnel to ensure guests receive prompt, cordial attention and personal recognition
2. Supervise the Front Office team to ensure optimum occupancy and average room rate for the purpose of maximizing revenue
3. Monitor Front Office, and particularly Guest Relations personnel , to ensure priority members known repeat guests and other VIPs receive special attention and recognition
4. Promote Inter-Hotel sales and in-house facilities and monitors Front Office Marketing techniques in line with FIT marketing program
5. Maintain inter-departmental relationships to ensure seamless customer service
6. Assume overall responsibility for maintaining standards to ensure furnishings facilities and equipment are clean, in good repair and well maintained
7. Schedule and regularly conducts routine inspections of areas under his/her control
8. Maintain knowledge of credit policies and procedures and liaise closely with Finance Department to ensure that credit procedures are properly carried out
9. Know system recovery procedures
10. Interpret computer reports
11. Compile statistics for front office and provide reports relating to that area
12. Continually check the accuracy of room count
13. Approve upgrades and special amenities
14. Maintain appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniforms, appearance and posture of departmental employees
15. Conduct comprehensive monthly departmental meetings to include a review of procedures and events which warrants special handling and detailed information
16. Communicate to the General Manager of his/her delegate all information likely to be of interest to them such as the expected arrival and departure of VIPs and all other pertinent information
17. Maintain all procedures and adheres to them within the IHG guidelines; in particular with emphasis on hotel credit policy.
18. In conjunction with the Emergency Response Team prepare emergency procedures upon advice from relevant authority that cover such emergencies as Fire, Power Outrage, Bomb Threat, Cyclone Warnings, etc
19. Prepares efficient work schedule for Front Office Staff, arranging holidays and vacation, taking into consideration project occupancy and forecasts and any large group movements, especially those with early or late arrivals or departures.
20. Supporting role of the Holiday Inn in absence of the Hotel Manager
21. Perform Executive Weekend MOD shifts / Lobby Duty as required
1. Comply with Hotel Rules and Regulations and provisions contained in the Employment Handbook
2. Comply with Company Grooming Standards at all times to portray a professional image of self and the hotel.
3. Comply with Time and Attendance Policies set by the hotel.
4. Actively participate in training and development programs and maximize opportunities for self-development
5. Demonstrate understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety
6. Familiarize yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures
7. Ensure all security incidents, accidents and near misses are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention of the Line Manager
8. Comply with the Company's Corporate Code of Conduct
9. Familiarize self with the company values (Great Hotels Guests Love) and model desired behaviors (Winning Ways, Room to be Yourself) and ways of working (IHG Wheel).
10. Perform all tasks as directed by the Manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals
Qualifications and requirements
Bachelor's degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Management/Business Administration, plus 3 years of Front Office/Guest Service experience including management experience. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
The above is designed to help you in the understanding of the role and is not intended to be a definite list of your duties, as flexibility in meeting company and guest needs is required by all employee s
Industry Type :
Hotels / Hospitality
Functional Area :
Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Front Desk