Primary Function : Responsible in administering the front office functions and supervising staff on a daily basis. Front office areas include Bell Staff, Switchboard and Guest Services/Front Desk. Position directs and works with managers and employees to carry out procedures ensuring an efficient check in and check out process. Ensures guest and employee satisfaction and maximizes the financial performance of the department.
Key Duties and Accountabilities
- Achieve at least 90% completion based on the Critical Path set for the Pre-opening of the Courtyard by Marriott.
- Effectively manage the Front Office daily operations and supervision of related Front Office areas including Front Desk, Bell Stand and At Your Service.
- Ensures services provided by the staff meets or exceeds guest expectations to continuously build customer loyalty through product and service excellence.
- Demonstrates exemplary customer service in adherence with company standards. Build customer loyalty by striving to understand the customer's needs and providing appropriate solutions.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies customer service, and creates a positive atmosphere for associate and guest relations.
- Understands the impact of Front Office operations on the Rooms area and overall hotel financial goals. Monitors the department's wages and expenses and makes ongoing adjustments as needed to achieve property goals.
- Must be able to analyze financial statements and develop operating budgets.
- Ensure that the Manager on Duty Log is accurately updated with an emphasis on concise reporting.
- Daily check on DTCM guest detail update.
- Maintain the in house high balance and minimize zero balance.
- Facilitate the smooth running of the front office department through adequate supply of materials and equipment.
- Observe and comply with the company s requisition and purchase order system.
- Lead, motivate and develop subordinates to effectively achieve the objectives of the front office department.
Managing Projects and Policies
- Implements the customer recognition/service program, communicating and ensuring the process.
- Trains staff and monitors adherence to all credit policies and procedures to reduce bad debts and rebates.
- Supervises same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and control property occupancy.
- Supervises daily Front Desk shift operations and ensures compliance with all policies, standards and procedures.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
Supporting Human Resource Activities
- Supports the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an open door policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Brings issues concerning employee satisfaction to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources.
- Actively hire, develop, and retain a diverse workforce with the appropriate skills and in a timely manner to meet the business needs of the operation, ensuring "the right people are put in the right positions."
- Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Identify internal training needs and develop training programs or recommend necessary training program for all subordinates.
- Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
- Follow all company policies and procedure and comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information. Deal with all guest complaints, problem solving, disturbances, special requests and other issues that may arise.
- Supervise Front Desk Staff, concierge / bell desk and assist controlling overtime when necessary.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals.
- Identify and recommend new ideas, technologies, or processes to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by the management.
Experience, Education & Competencies
- Diploma in Hotel Management or Tourism or any equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years experiences in hotel front office operations and 2-years experience as managerial role.
- Highest Guest service orientation with the ability to lead team members consistently to achieve goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Knowledge of OPERA PMS system, Excel and Words strongly preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Front Desk policies and procedures
- Self-motivation and organizational skills with the initiative and ability to complete projects in a timely manner and then proven ability to work well under pressure
- Professional in presentation and demeanor.
Industry Type :
Hotels / Hospitality
Functional Area :
Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Front Desk