Al Bait Sharjah, the new luxury resort to be managed by General Hotel Management Ltd (GHM), is set to raise the bar for luxury hotel accommodation in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) cultural city while adding interest and vibrance to the historic inner-city precinct in which it is situated, when it opens at the end of this year.
Developed in partnership with Shurooq (the Sharjah Investment and Development Authority), Al Bait Sharjah is part of the Emirate s largest and most ambitious historical preservation and restoration project known as Heart of Sharjah. The heritage project seeks to revitalise the district and introduce travellers to its storied past. Al Bait is a distinctly unique development as its new structures, following traditional Sharjah architecture, are constructed from the restored foundations of old houses that once belonged to important and influential families. Its name, Al Bait, is hence apt as it means The House : it will be a 10,000-square-metre area in the epicentre of the Heart of Sharjah, its 53 luxury guestrooms and suites, hotel facilities and amenities, coexisting harmoniously with the several heritage buildings in the district.
Given the scale and importance of this preservation project, the detailed efforts by architect firm GAJ UAE Office will transport travellers to that bygone era and they can glimpse the true-to-life daily living experience while on-site. Conservation highlights that guests can look forward to experiencing while staying at Al Bait Sharjah include: a direct connectivity and access to Souk Al Arsah a traditional bazaar and marketplace, in fact, the oldest in the UAE from the hotel, witnessing the conservation of the last remaining round wind tower (a traditional method of ventilation that in recent times have gained scientists interest for its sustainability), and even the incorporation of handcrafted thatched roofs and distinct motifs into the ceilings of the hotels buildings.
Al Bait appeals to both the business and leisure traveller with three different categories of accommodation, of which the more generously sized suites (up to 103 square metres) are particularly indulgent. Arabic influences can be discerned in the Asian design elements for the unmistakable GHM elegance and style throughout the hotel. Adequate meeting spaces makes this a perfect hotel for business discussions while various eateries offer choice options for dining and entertainment. Guests can choose to partake of an international fare at The Restaurant Al Bait s all-day dining venue or experience authentic Arabic specialties in the traditional family sharing style. The Caf is a casual setting for light pastries and tea, always a welcomed spot to people watch and relax. And for those looking to delve into a deeper state of relaxation, a luxury spa the first in the GHM portfolio to feature a hammam as part of its treatment facilities will be an integral part of the wellness offering.
We are excited and anticipating to open a luxurious, boutique, heritage resort in the Heart of Sharjah - the cultural capital of UAE by beginning of 2018. Looking for a passionate team player to be it s,
FRONT OFFICE MANAGER
The Front Office Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the department and create an environment that is positive, supportive and teamwork oriented.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Establish the departmental policies and standard operating procedures for the department.
• Assist in the interviewing and hiring of team members with the appropriate skills.
• Ensure employee recognition takes place consistently.
• Lead, influence and encourages others to make sound business decisions. Lead by example.
• Implements the employee succession plan based on the Individual development plan.
• Handling guests complaints and resolving disputes.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
• Conducts timely and due performance reviews.
• Ensure the quality, standards while exceeding expectations of the customers on daily basis.
• Empowers team members to provide excellent customer service.
• Prepares statistical, performance and forecast reports as necessary in order to facilitate annual budget and strategic plan preperation.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans based on reviews of guest comments and satisfaction results.
• Focuses on continued overall improvement of the department.
• Monitor and control on an ongoing basis department costs to ensure performance against budget.
• Responsible for an efficient, clean, safe and hygienic upholding of all front office areas.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish.
• Maintains high visibility in public areas during peak times.
• Ability to manage all emergencies, guests and employees accidents and act appropriately to achieve safe and satisfactory outcome.
• Graduate in Hospitality Management or from any equivalent stream or Business Administration.
• Leadership role in front office as heading the department for a five star luxurious hotel for 2 years OR as Assistant Front Office Manager for a period of not less than 3 yrs in the current role with a five star luxurious hotel.
• Extensive knowledge of Opera.
• Strong command over written and spoken English, Arabic language will be an added advantage.
• Strong computer systems skills as well as Microsoft Office.
• Immaculate personal presentation.
• Upselling knowledge and maximizing revenue techniques.
• Strong financial acumen.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to influence situations.
• High aptitude for guest care.
• Ability to lead the team, capability to motivate and guide others.
• Valuing diversity
• Ability to work a flexible schedule.
Industry Type :
Hotels / Hospitality
Functional Area :