NOVOTEL Sharjah Expo
Designed for natural living Novotel, the AccorHotels group s mid-scale brand, has nearly 496 hotels and resorts in 58 countries, located at the heart of major international cities, in business areas and tourist destinations. With a homogeneousservice in all its hotels, Novotelcontributes to the well-being of business and leisure travellers: spacious and adaptable rooms, balanced meals 24/7, meeting rooms, caring staff, dedicated children s areas and fitness rooms.Novotel hotels are also pioneers of sustainable development by participating in the Green globe global certification programme.
To manage and to provide courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service that is consistent with the Accor Group standard Policies & Procedures in order to maximize guest satisfaction.
To ensure the smooth operation and coordination of the various Rooms, Division Departments, ensuring maximum occupancy and guest satisfaction, and adhering to the standard of service required by the hotel.
To be efficient and diplomatic in dealing with situations involving any aspect of Front Office where the reputation or image of the hotels are represented.
• To ensure that all the front office departments are managed efficiently according to the established concept statements and adhere to Company and Hotel Policies & Procedures and Brand Standards.
• To have a full working knowledge and capability to supervise, correct and demonstrate all duties and tasks in the assigned Place of Work to the standard set
• To implement a flexible employee base, with the right mix of employees.
• To liaise with the Revenue Management Department and Reservation Department to ensure the proper market mix to achieve the maximum room revenue.
• To assist in securing external guest accommodation should an overbooking occur
• To assist the Sales Manager, Conventions and Banquet Manager, in the aspects of controlling heavy dates, resolving conflicts in bookings changing dates and facilities.
• To advise Management of room sales progress and bookings, and to discuss reports, forecasts, policies and procedures.
• To recommend to Management any innovations new and/or changes.
• To allocate employees over the Division based on established business levels for that day.
• To assign responsibilities to subordinates and to check their performance daily.
• To represent the Front Office Department on the hotel's Executive Committee meetings.
• To support staff needs in other Divisions based on the hotel priorities and anticipated business levels.
• To monitor service and rooms standards in all places of work.
• To work with Duty Manager, Housekeeping Manager, and Night Manager to take corrective action where necessary.
• To be conversant and fully knowledgeable of OPERA system
• To ensure that all Departmental Operations Manuals are prepared and updated annually.
• To meet regularly with the Duty Manager, Guest Service Supervisors to review the Department Operation to ensure smooth coordination of hotel service.
• To conduct weekly/monthly Front Office Meeting.
• To ensure that all meetings are well planned, efficient and results oriented.
• To attend meetings and briefings lay down by the General Manager and other Heads of Department.
• To attend daily operations briefing with the Housekeeping Manager and the rest of Assistant Managers in Front Office to be conducted by the
• To ensure that deadlines on all projects are met.
• Minimum of 3- 5 year's UAE experience in Hospitality Industryfor the same position
• Previous experience in a multi-cultural environment is essential.
• Communication skills: PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.
• Languages: fluent in English and the national language, a 3rd language will be a plus.
• Significant experience in a customer-service position
• Ability to train and develop talents
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and take iniatitive
• Excellent Organizational skills
• Guest oriented, outgoing and service minded
• Preferably Arabic Speaker
Contact: Talent and Culture Team
Job ID: 82583530