PRIMARY FUNCTION: Supervise and assist in the smooth and efficient running of Front Desk Operation.Assist all guest s requirements in an efficient, courteous and professional manner that maintains high standards of service and hospitality.Ensure that all non-residents and other visitors are helped and advised with regards to their general needs. The resolution of guest s problem and complaints as appropriately and professionally as possible.
Key Duties And Accountabilities
• Assist staff with expediting problem payments (e.g., problems processing credit card).
• Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations, assigning room, and issuing and activating room key.
• Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit.
• Anticipate sold-out situations and obtain satisfactory alternative accommodations when the property cannot accommodate guests with reservations.
• Block rooms in the computer and identify designated requirements and requests.
• Contact appropriate individual or department (e.g., valet, Housekeeping) as necessary to resolve guest call, request, or problem.
• Run daily reports (number of arrivals, departures), identify any special requests, and check reports for accuracy.
• Coordinate with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in.
• Review shift logs/daily memo books and document pertinent information in logbooks.
• Count bank at the beginning and end of shift.
• Balance and drop receipts according to accounting specifications.
• Assist management in training, evaluating, counseling, motivating and coaching employees.
• Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
• Follow all company policies and procedure and comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
• Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional
• Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information. Deal with all guest complaints, problem solving, disturbances, special requests and other issues that may arise.
• Supervise Front Desk Staff and assist controlling overtime when necessary.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals.
• Identify and recommend new ideas, technologies, or processes to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings.
• Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by the managers.
• Provides information to managers, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Brings issues to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources as necessary.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
Experience, Education & Competencies
• Diploma in Hotel Management or Tourism or any equivalent
• Minimum of 2 years experiences in a similar role and/or 4 years experience in Front Desk
• Highest Guest service orientation with the ability to lead team members consistently to achieve goals
• Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
• Knowledge of OPERA PMS system, Excel and Words strongly preferred
• Extensive knowledge of Front Desk policies and procedures
• Self-motivation and organizational skills with the initiative and ability to complete projects in a timely manner and then proven ability to work well under pressure
• Professional in presentation and demeanor
Industry Type :
Hotels / Hospitality
Functional Area :
Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Front Desk