Assists the Front Desk team by administering Front Desk functions, always ensuring that the highest levels of hospitality and service are provided. Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to: processing all guest check-ins by confirming reservations, assigning rooms, and issuing and activating room keys; assisting staff with expediting problem payments, pre-registering designated guests and preparing key packets; following up with guests regarding satisfaction with guest-related issues; organizing and coordinating check-in/pre-registration procedures for arriving groups; reviewing/tracking/accommodating requests for room changes when possible; ensuring rates match market codes and documenting exceptions; performing duplicate reservation checks; running daily reports; following up with guests to ensure their requests have been met to their satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Be familiar with Hotel services, operational hours and ongoing promotions.
• Have a thorough knowledge of The Abu Dhabi EDITION product and services.
• Ensure all forms of communication are used to full capacity and relevant information is handed over to the next shift.
• Demonstrate and promote Quality Awareness amongst the Front Office team. Seek ways to improve and maintain guest satisfaction scores for all front office sections.
• Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, debit, or credit.
• Review and action the accurate set up of accounts for each guest (i.e., share-with s, separate room/tax/incidentals, comp).
• Anticipate sold-out situations and obtain satisfactory alternative accommodations when the property cannot accommodate guests with reservations.
• Contact appropriate individual or department (e.g., Bellperson, Housekeeping) as necessary to resolve guest calls and/or request.
• Communicate with Rooms Coordinator to track readiness of rooms for check-in.
• Count bank at the beginning and end of shift. Balance and drop receipts according to Accounting specifications.
• Assist management in scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, motivating and coaching employees.
• Speak with others using clear and professional language.
• Prepare and review written documents accurately and completely.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
• Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
• Ensure proper use of the telephone etiquette as per EDTION standards.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
• Perform any other reasonable job duties as requested.
Ensuring and Providing Exceptional Guests Service
• Collaborates with the whole of the Front Office team on ways to continually improve guest service.
• Provides services that are above and beyond expectations for guest satisfaction and retention.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Displays outstanding hospitality skills.
Safety and Security
• Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
• Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
• Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
• Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
• Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
Policies and Procedures
• Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
• Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
• Follow company and department policies and procedures.
• Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN) to resolve issues and build trust.
• Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
• Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
• Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
• Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
• Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
• Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
• Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
• Provide assistance to coworkers, ensuring they understand their tasks.
• Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
• Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
• Prepare and review written documents (e.g., daily logs, business letters, memoranda, reports), including proofreading and editing written information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Assist management in establishing and communicating goals, performance expectations, timetables and deadlines for shift or departmental operations and ensure that they are understood.
• Assist management in preparing and conducting performance reviews of employees.
• Assist management in counseling hourly employees on work related concerns and issues to ensure satisfaction and productivity.
• Encourage and motivate Front Desk employees to perform their best, take responsibility for tasks and assignments, make decisions and provide input on possible improvements.
• Coordinate tasks and work with other departments to ensure that the department runs efficiently.
• Assign and e nsure work tasks are completed on time and that they meet appropriate quality standards.