Ubisoft Abu Dhabi is looking for a designer to support the development and balancing of game economies, meta frameworks, and system interactions. The ideal candidate will have a background in free-to-play games and relevant experience in similar positions.
• Define the economic foundation for our games, including relevant currencies, systems, sinks, and faucets via predictive and extendable spreadsheets and formulae.
• Balance core gameplay alongside meta progression loops, allowing for in-depth strategic growth and decision-making that will drive long-term player investment, engagement, and competition.
• Define and balance virtual products with the development and Live Operations teams. Understand how each purchase point influences (and is encouraged by) game dynamics.
• Identify the potential sale drivers for the different product categories in the game economy, defining the key points of exposure for those drivers.
• Balance the needs for those virtual products, their relation, life cycle, and their streams of availability.
• Regularly utilize business intelligence, market research, and user feedback alongside personal expertise and understanding to balance gameplay, meta, and virtual goods during game development and post-release.
• Conduct in-depth analysis of each feature and compare it to our competitor games to develop a robust understanding of the genre of the game and game mechanics.