OPMs client, one of the first major video game developers based in the UAE, is currently looking for a Game Designer to join their team to work on a new midcore F2P strategy mobile game.
• Creating and/or validating design documents, game balance, core systems and features, prototypes, UI flows, and strategic and meta gameplay
• Integrating assets, providing detailed (and proactive) feedback, and taking a hands-on approach to testing, balance, and gameplay
• Reviewing and balancing implemented features and systems for quality and adherence to the design and business goals of the project
• Working with technical, art, audio, and production leads to realise the game design vision in a timely manner and within the constraints of its schedule
• Collaborating with the Creative Manager and designers to iterate and evolve project features, gameplay, and balance on a consistent basis
• Interacting with the game s community on its forums and in-game after launch in order to understand their needs and return their passion and support in kind
• Enhancing studio knowledge of mobile F2P development methodologies and best practices
• Motivating and inspiring others to generate new ideas/approaches
• Keeping up-to-date with current and emerging trends in the mobile marketplace
• Experience in game design role focusing on mobile and F2P games
• Experience with creating mobile games in the Unity engine
• Ability to take responsibility and ownership with strong personal initiative
• Positive attitude and drive to work in a challenging, highly collaborative team environment
The successful candidates will receive a competitive salary dependant on their skills and experience.