To implement and monitor the activities, the mission in Lebanon has been set up with a team of more than 50 people managed by a General Coordinator and coordination team.
• Conduct an updated assessment of GBV services provision system, including the existing mechanisms, resources and stakeholders, in MDM geographical areas of intervention,
• Assess the capacities and the needs of MDM programs team and partners health workers on GBV management
• In line with international standards and Medecins du Monde framework, develop a GBV strategy for MDM Lebanon (including capacity-building plan)
• Implementation phase: training, definition of a referral system, coordination with partners to ensure safe referral for GBV survivors, Community awareness
• Assess the needs and current capacities of MDM programs team and partners health workers on GBV mainstreaming and develop a capacity-building plan accordingly.
• Ensure introduction and appropriation of GBV concept for the staff in MdM supported centers
• Debrief with staff on their actual knowledge and practices
• Prepare material for sessions on sensitization on GBV/CMR
• Raise staff s awareness on GBV issues
• Identify the gaps and barriers and suggest relevant trainings
• Coordinate with the usual training agencies: UNFPA IMC, IRC, ABAAD, KAFAA..Etc.
• Ensure that the staff have the needed refreshers and/or simulations
• Assess and supervise the activities and quality of the medical care for GBV survivors in MdM supported centers
• Assess MdM and implementing partners staff capacities to provide medical care to GBV survivors based on MdM and WHO guidelines
• Assess the quality of the services provided to GBV survivors, including health facilities providing Clinical Management of Rape (respect of the guiding principles, respect of international protocols, compliance with MdM values)
Organize with partners the training of staff on identification and safe referral of survivors and Clinical Management of Rape
• Support health facilities to integrate the response to GBV in their activities
• Ensure the correct procurement of PEP kits and following the expiry dates
• Understand and follow up on activities and assess progress of implementation, provide solutions and report issues when needed
• In collaboration with the MH Coordinator, oversee MHPSS case management regarding GBV cases (including follow up on referrals and action plans) and support services provided to GBV survivors (awareness sessions, emotional support sessions, vocational training, mid-way house).
• Community sensitization and awareness
• Develop Information Education and Communication tools to sensitize communities on GBV and the services available in MdM supported centers and referral facilities (after assessing the available materials utilized by MdM or other stakeholders).
• Raise awareness among users on sexual violence and what to do when rape occurs, for instance through sensitization sessions in tent settlements.
• Assess the feasibility and relevance of developing peer-to-peer support within community members.
• Liaise with partners to ensure safe referral for GBV survivors
Establish a referral pathway between MdM supported centers and referral facilities
Refer identified GBV survivors to the relevant place (NGO, Hospital)
Follow-up with the actors on referred cases
Develop and maintain effective working relationship with relevant stakeholders including partner agencies, community leaders and service providers.
• Participate in meetings with GBV actors
Represent MdM in all GBV/CMR working groups
Debrief on any important updates
Gather experience from other actors
• Reporting and data analysis
• Update service mapping database and compare with the ones available.
• Report on an ad-hoc basis on challenges faced on the field to line manager
• Produce regular written reports on updates, achievements and best practices in the field
• Participate in regular meetings with the rest of the team to provide updates on data gathering progress, and to receive guidance and instructions from line and technical managers