We seek qualified candidates for the position of Gender and Social Inclusion Advisor based in the Beni Mellal-Khenifra Region, Morocco supporting an anticipated USAID-funded project aimed to promote socio-economic inclusion within marginalized areas of Morocco through the improvement and institutionalization of participatory governance, and enhancement of business and livelihood opportunities, in Beni Mellal-Khenifra Region.
The Gender and Social Inclusion Advisor will lead efforts to ensure that gender and social inclusion considerations are effectively incorporated throughout project activities.
The Gender and Social Inclusion Advisor will:
• Provide technical leadership, guidance, and oversight related to gender equality, women s empowerment and social inclusion within the scope of the project;
• Support the implementation of interventions that promote the participation of women, people with disabilities, youth and disadvantaged groups within the scope of the project;
• Design and deliver training and capacity building on gender equality and social inclusion for project staff and stakeholders, etc. as required;
• Advise project team members on the integration of gender equality and social inclusion into labor market assessments, SBCC campaigns, capacity building activities, policies and regulations, and enterprise development;
• In collaboration with the M&E team, track changes in key areas relevant to gender and social inclusion;
• Contribute to developing content and communications materials to support knowledge management efforts related to gender and social inclusion.
• Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) required in education, sociology, public policy or another related field;
• At least 5-8 years of experience in gender equality and women s empowerment in international development or related field;
• Familiarity with public policies, strategies and legal frameworks addressing gender and social inclusion gaps in Morocco;
• Experience in program design, program quality and performance assessment;
• Experience with capacity strengthening for staff and partners;
• Familiarity with USAID programming, including rules and regulations required; and;
• Professional proficiency in French and Arabic required.