The General Maintenance Worker GSA Locksmith (GMW-Locksmith) maintains, services, and repairs buildings, installed equipment, and locks using mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and carpentry skills
• Maintains, services, and conducts minor repairs on buildings, installed equipment, water and wastewater piping and tanks, fuel tanks and piping.
• Installs, repairs, rebuilds, and services GSA safes mechanical or electrical locking devices; repairs, maintains and changes door locks
• Provides new or duplicate keys, open safe locks without keys, open safe locks by drilling, and keep records of locks and keys issued
• Assists HVAC Mechanics maintain air conditioning and environmental control units. Inspects equipment such as refrigerators and air conditioners for proper cleaning, speed, temperature and adequate lubrication
• Ensures proper repair and finishing of doors, walls and building structural components
• Assists other maintenance specialists and other workers with their tasks. Complies with established safety guidelines and procedures.
Knowledge & Skills
• GSA-certified Locksmith
• Skilled in structural, plumbing, carpentry, electrical, and mechanical work
• Working knowledge of HVAC required.
Experience & Education
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Five years experience performing general maintenance and locksmith duties.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
• Ability to move heavy objects from one location to another.
•iving and working conditions at the assignment location
could be remote and uncomfortable.
•Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
Personnel should be aware of moving on short
notice and under adverse conditions.