• The General Manager is responsible for procurement planning, costing, negotiation, warranties, specifications and related supply chain and logistics management functions for several projects within our company, the individual will ensure cost-effective procurement of supplies, equipment and services for all contracts of the company.
• The General Manager will assist in designing The Company strategic road map incorporating all budgeting and milestones and then lead the plan to successful implementation.
• Work closely with direct reports and Directors to devise and implement departmental goals and continually drive them to adhere to excellence in all phases of the business.
• Work closely with the company s Managing Director and Chairman to design the Company business plan including short and long-range goals.
• Lead the entire business of The Company and serve as the most highly visible company executive with customers and partners.
• Assist in assessing the talent across the entire regional business and establish go-forward plan with respect to mentoring and monitoring key staff and measuring and evaluating their performance according to mandated standards.
• Establish succession plans for Directors roles and continually groom new talent for future development and leadership assumption.
• Maintain and oversee sales, marketing, logistics and operation plans.
• Lead the preparation of all budgets for Senior Management Approval which includes special projects.
• Meet on a routine basis with the branches and corporate leadership teams to review activity their financial performance and compare them with the targeted business plan.
• Meet on a regular basis with the main customers, partners and vendors.
• Continually always serve as a visible and accessible resource for them.
• Establish quality protocol and meet regularly to review and re-review standards as necessary.
• Oversee the development of the detailed Business Case
• Ensure overall business assurance of the company which it remains on target to deliver services that will achieve the expected business benefits, and that any project will be completed within its agreed tolerances. Response to board s queries and adhere to boards resolutions.
• Where appropriate, delegate some business decisions activities.
• Ensure that risks associated with the Business Case are identified, assessed and controlled
• Abide by the company’s corporate governance and make decisions according to his authority limit
• Development of procurement strategies for preparation and presentation to directors.
• Manage the procurement operations in the SCM department of the organization
• Meticulously manage all aspects of procurement from negotiation to delivery
• Promote safety and awareness among Supply Chain and Vendor staff aimed at zero accident / incident rate.
• Managing negotiation strategies and procurement negotiations as appropriate
• Ensure awards of Contracts and Purchase Orders are in compliance procedures, Specifications and local and international HSE standards
• Accountable for reviewing and approving suppliers’ requests for payment with respect to vendors, ensuring all obligations are met before payment.
• Oversee estimation of Freight costs and call-off freight forwarding services from suppliers, to meet required on-site dates at minimum costs
• Readily take ownership and confidently handled complex/difficult negotiations that regularly led to notable cost savings.
• Commands credibility and gains suppliers respect
• Promote procurement influence, while establishing long-lasting working relationships
• Play a key role in the leadership of cross-functional procurement team members
• As an Excellence champion, lead operational transformation and performance improvement initiative that facilitates f lean-enterprise culture as per the industry best practices and align it to best fit with the organization’s strategy and throughout the organization.
• Partner with relevant stakeholders, to identify problems, review procedures, develop solutions, improve efficiency and quality of process output and identify appropriate monitoring and auditing mechanisms.
• E-Conduct process audits & process reviews for ensuring strict adherence to the process parameters / systems as per defined guidelines.
• Vessel berthing & unberthing operations in timely manner for minimum demurrages
New Projects & Project Management
• Identify qualified Vendors from the market and obtain approval from HFZ
• Lead and manage all aspects of Project and deliver a range of major and medium works to include managing masterplan, feasibility and schematic planning, managing client/stakeholder/consultant relationships, budget and performance reporting within the project framework.
• Lead and develop a detailed business case for enhancing existing technology and partner with all relevant stakeholders and third parties to manage the governance of project from inception to delivery ensuring project milestone are followed within stipulated budget.
• Drive the strategic aspects of large and complex projects, review high-level deliverables across project and ensure all contingencies, and anomalies of risks are formally and informally measured and mitigated throughout the lifetime of
Quality Health, Safety, Environment System & Facility Management System
• Lead the development of QCAS operational strategy and change initiatives policies in line with the group’s strategy; establish quality systems and procedures in compliance to pre-established standards & ISO requirements covering all aspects of business cycle.
• Manage the development, implementation and evaluation of the Company-wide Environmental Health and Safety management and control system, facility management programs and risk minimization to ensure the security and safety of company property.
• Drive sustainability initiative for QHSE and oversee implementation of social audits (SEDEX) to drive improvements in ethical and responsible business practices.