Assist Senior Operator to control and adjust the Gas streams supplied to State Power and Water Plants and Mesaieed Industrial consumers, Ras Laffan Industrial City consumers via major let-down stations and individual supply stations by closely monitoring the process variables via the distribution control system (DCS), based supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) system and adjusting as required to maintain the required levels.
2. Monitor change-over/adjustment of gas supply as necessary in consultation with Senior Operator to any of the gas consumption centres, advise Senior Operator and Field Operator by radio/telephone if system conditions exceed/fall below stipulated supply ranges on flow, temperature, pressure, ensure all consumers affected by the change of gas supply or stream are advised.
3. Direct via the control system, the flow of NF gas to Station S , AKG & DEL gas supply via Station V for combination with Khuff Gas and onward distribution to Doha Power Stations ensuring that the minimum Khuff production requirement is maintained, liaise with NFGP to inject the surplus NF Lean Gas to Fahahil re-injection Station.
4. Communicate via the control system about import/export flow of Qatargas to/from NF Pipeline at Ras Laffan and onward processing to NFGP Plant.
5. Monitors via the control system the flow of Lean Gas, Al Khaleej and Dolphin gas, Onshore Stripped Associated Gas, Offshore Stripped Associated Gas, Tail Gas, etc. to Station S and blend as necessary or as instructed by Senior Operator and supply to Mesaieed Industries and Ras Laffan consumers and take necessary action in consultation with Senior Operator to supply raw gas in emergencies.
Determine action in consultation with Senior Operator in case of system emergencies to maintain normal distribution conditions or to ensure orderly shutdown/change-over/re- route of a supply by reviewing control system data and taking account of the operating guideline and the prevailing circumstances including gas supply and demand expectations.
7. Provides a communication link between consumers/outside callers and gas distribution operating/supervisory personnel by receiving calls, radio messages, providing information on planned variations on the supply and notify any customer needs or problems requiring action to Senior Operator. Prepares report forms to all consumers regarding any disruptions or problems and faxing them to parties concerned.
8. Reviews the SCADA data base and prepares essential records and statements such as daily log sheets, equipment running hours and GDS stations equipment status.
Maintains log book and flow charts and recording details such as operating events, pressures, temperatures and flows and peak gas flows, draws demand & consumption graphs, etc. Reports any faults to Senior Operator.
9. Participate in safety programmes and drills by acting as the Focal Point along with Senior Operator for the receipt & passing of all information by radio and telephone.
10. Monitors and ensures the correct functioning of the emergency shutdown system and F & G detection system on the GDS pipelines and stations by checking the control panels for abnormal warning lights, initiating necessary action immediately in consultation with Senior Operator.
11. Provides handing over of control to local station in emergencies after consultation with Senior Operator.
12. At times carries out the function of Operator - I and takes corrective actions in the Gas Distribution Stations to provide smooth operations and uninterrupted gas supply to all consumers.
13. Monitor and control the ethane gas supply network. Ensure the proper communication with DEL & Al Khaleej (Ras Gas) control room and distribute to RLOC with controlled pressure. Ensure the supply of ethane gas from Ras Laffan via compressors is safely transported to Mesaieed and distributed to the required consumers at Mesaieed (QAPCO).
14. Monitor the 14" Ethylene transmission pipeline network from RLOC (Ras Laffan) to Mesaieed which supply ethylene from RLOC to Qatofin and Q-Chem-2.
Qualifications & Experience:
Completion of Secondary Education followed by 2/3 years formal technical training in Process Plant Operation to OND/ONC or equivalent level plus relevant training in Safety & Computer based systems.
Minimum 5 years Gas Processing & Distribution system experience including previous experience of operating DCS/SCADA Control System.
Works according to standard operating procedures but requires to act independently with the Senior Operator while on shift outside working hours to resolve any problems. Keeps Senior Operator advised of all activities.