• Use masks, gloves and safety glasses to protect themselves and their patients from infectious diseases.
• Administer anesthetics to limit the amount of pain experienced by patients during procedures.
• Examine teeth, gums, and related tissues, using dental instruments, x-rays, and other diagnostic equipment, to evaluate dental health, diagnose diseases or abnormalities, and plan appropriate treatments.
• Formulate plan of treatment for patient's teeth and mouth tissue.
• Use air turbine and hand instruments, dental appliances and surgical implements.
• Advise and instruct patients regarding preventive dental care, the causes and treatment of dental problems, and oral health care services
• Design, make, and fit prosthodontic appliances such as space maintainers, bridges, and dentures, or write fabrication instructions or prescriptions for denturists and dental technicians.
• Diagnose and treat diseases, injuries, and malformations of teeth, gums and related oral structures, and provide preventive and corrective services.
• Write prescriptions for antibiotics and other medications.
• Analyze and evaluate dental needs to determine changes and trends in patterns of dental disease.
• Treat exposure of pulp by pulp capping, removal of pulp from pulp chamber, or root canal, using dental instruments.
• Eliminate irritating margins of fillings and correct occlusions, using dental instruments.
• Perform oral and periodontal surgery on the jaw or mouth.
• Remove diseased tissue using surgical instruments.
• Apply fluoride and sealants to teeth.
• Manage business, employing and supervising staff and handling paperwork and insurance claims.
• Bleach, clean or polish teeth to restore natural color.
• Plan, organize, and maintain dental health programs
• Produce and evaluate dental health educational materials.
Industry Type :
Medical / Healthcare / Diagnostics / Medical Devices
Functional Area :
Doctor / Nurse / Paramedics / Hospital Technicians / Medical Research