Being one of the clinical roles within the Clinical Services of the hospital, the position will require a person who has practiced for at least 3 years of Clinical Experience Beyond Completion of Internship and. It is a pivotal role in the establishment of services at the hospital to ensure services are at an International standard and to meet and exceed accreditation standards.
Summary of Main
Duties and Responsibilities • Admitting patients to hospital under the supervision of the consultant/specialist and ensuring that full admission documentation (history and physical, Admission note and initial integrated plan, diet order…) are recorded.
• Documentation of handover notes.
• Initiating appropriate investigations as instructed by the consultant/specialist.
• Ordering treatments and medications as instructed by the consultant/specialist.
• Liaising with non-clinical/ clinical staff.
• Conducting ward rounds at least once daily and as appropriate and if required with the consultant.
• Preparing for and participating in consultant/senior staff rounds.
• Keeping daily records of inpatient progress.
• Following up patients in inpatients.
• Following up the results of investigations and adjusting patient treatment/management accordingly.
• Preparing patients for procedures or surgery, where applicable.
• Obtaining patients informed consent.
• Receiving calls and seeing patients from the Emergency
Department and specialty clinics.
• Receiving calls and consultation requests from other departments or hospitals.
• Seeing patients referred for consultation.
• Maintaining a good working relationship and professional conduct with all members of the staff and hospital staff.
• Providing in-house on-call coverage on a rotational basis during evenings, nights, weekends, and Public Holidays, as required to do.
• Maintaining and completing appropriate medical records for all patients in a timely fashion.
• Participating in medical staff conferences, and meetings.
• Carrying out the duties and responsibilities detailed in any department specific job description or statement of roles and responsibilities.
• Assuming other duties as assigned by the consultant/department head.
• Participate in Quality improvement activities meeting JCI & regulatory requirements.
• Implementing clinical pathway/Guideline or applicable.