The minimum required qualification is a bachelor s degree in geosciences with a geology or geophysics major or engineering with a petroleum or reservoir engineering major. Ten years of geomechanics industrial experience in oil and gas exploration and development is required. Proficiency in industry software e.g. Petrel, Techlog, Predict, WellCheck, FLAC, Elfen, Dynel, VISAGE, ABAQUS, Openwork s, is preferred. Peer-reviewed published work in the subject matter will be an added value.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be working on geomechanical issues as a part of a dynamic, multidiscipline team dealing with well planning, design, placement, borehole stability, completion, stimulation and production. The duties related to the above activities include but are not restricted to:
• Conducting detailed geomechanical studies integrating all available data to optimize borehole planning, placement, completion, stimulation and production designs to minimize instability risks.
• Building mechanical earth models from multidisciplinary data/observations to establish 1D models for individual wells to 3D and 4D models on reservoir/field and regional scales.
• Mentor young professionals on applying geomechanical principles to support drilling, completion and production.
• Contribute to developing and promoting geomechanical best practices.
• Remain abreast of latest industry trends, best practices and technologies in geomechanics.
Industry Type :
Engineering Design & Consulting
Functional Area :
Geotechnical / Geologists / Petrophysicist