Recruiting INTERNATIONAL GERIATRIC PHYSICIANS. 1. Geriatrics with special interests in Memory Assessment, Orthogeriatrics, Longtermcare & Acute Geriatrics. 2. Family Medicine with special interests in subfields of Geriatrics mentioned above. Qatar's leading healthcare provider is embarking on one of the most exciting and ambitious master facility plans ever seen in international healthcare, with an extensive range of new facilities opening soon or being planned for future years. Physicians working at the Medical Group are part of a multi-disciplinary team of healthcare professionals providing the highest quality of patient care to the residents of Qatar. With opportunities to obtain faculty appointments with the leading medical school in the region, Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar, the attractions of considering a new career with the medical group are enormous. The opportunities for teaching and medical research in addition to providing the highest level of clinical care to patients in high class and state of the art facilities are just some of the professionally rewarding aspects of joining the team. Physicians will be provided with exciting and rewarding opportunities to work in one of the existing eight general and specialty hospitals or one of the new specialist facilities that will soon be operational all of which come under the umbrella of the Medical Group. If you would like to be part of the team and feel your qualifications, skills and experience is a good match for this position we encourage you to contact us.
The Senior Consultant is the most senior doctor (apart from the Department Chair and/or Section Head) who practices in a specific specialty and has oversight responsibility for his team of Consultants and junior doctors and manages other team members. The Senior Consultant is responsible for the care of all patients admitted under his name and for all the clinical decisions made by other doctors under his supervision.
Ability to relate well to others and use interpersonal skills to achieve desired objectives, recognizing the need to represent both the clinical work and the team.
In addition to providing high quality patient care (diagnose, treat, manage and admit patients under his name) as delineated by his clinical privileges, the Senior Consultant works closely with department chair and/or section head on management issues (such as service development, funding, budgets, and staffing), on the teaching and training of junior doctors, and on academic and research priorities.
In essence, the Senior Consultant is required to have professional clinical competence, leadership and management skills.
Research is a key and integral component to the Corporation s Strategic aim to become an Academic Health System. The post holder must be able to contribute on delivering on delivering an integrated strategic vision and planning for Clinical, Research, Education and training which improves the quality of patient care.
The senior consultant is responsible for organizing, monitoring, and maintaining the clinical services provided within the department in order to achieve the highest possible level of patient care with optimum utilization of the available resources. Senior consultants are role models of physician leadership and management as well as application of medical expertise in the exemplary care of patients.
1. Adheres to policies, guidelines, plans and programs.
2. Performs all duties assigned to a consultant physician.
3. Assumes direct responsibility for the patients under his/her medical attendance in the assigned unit.
4. Conducts rounds and undertakes supervision of treatment of the inpatients as well as screening and examination of the outpatients.
5. Undertakes supervisory responsibility for the medical staff within the unit and prepares regular reports on the activities of the unit for the department head / chairman.
6. Participates in the various committees for the upgrading of services and organization of work within and outside the hospital.
7. Participates in the planning and implementation of the department development plans and the different manpower training programs for the medical, technical and nursing staff.
8. Participates in the planning and follow up of the medical education and research activities.
9. Performs all relevant interventions related to his/her field of specialization.
10. Participates in health education programs through orientation and scientific presentations.
11. Participates in scheduling of on-call duties and provides on-call services.
12. Participates in the assessment and updating of drug, medical supply and equipment needs.
13. Writes, completes and approves medical reports for patients.
14. Provides guidance and counsel to other departments when requested.
15. Completes and maintains his set of clinical privileges
16. Complies with Revalidation guidelines and standards
17. Acquires SCH License to practice and maintains it while working.
18. Performs other duties as assigned/directed by the chairperson / head of the department and approved by the Medical Director
19. The specific details about roles and responsibilities related to each specialty can be found in their job plan which is maintained by the Department.