Monitoring & Evaluation Support Project (MESP), South Sudan
The Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project (MESP) provides USAID/South Sudan with flexible, demand-driven technical, analytic, advisory, training, monitoring, evaluation, and related support services for performance measurement, including assisting the Mission in complying with new requirements under USAID Forward. The project includes monitoring and evaluation technical support to the Mission for performance management at all levels, as well as support to assessments, analytical research, and related services required for new project designs, sector strategies, and broader strategic revisions.
Under the direct supervision of the deputy chief of party (DCOP), GIS/information management specialist will work closely with home office GIS staff.
• Create cartographic products using data collected for monitoring, evaluations, studies, and assessments.
• Compile geographic data from a variety of sources including censuses, field observation, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, and existing maps and maintain the data in a geospatial database
• Analyze spatial data to incorporate into documents and reports.
• Provide support and recommendations to the implementation of GIS best practices on Monitoring and Evaluation Systems in place in coordination with home office GIS support.
• Meet with users to define data needs, project requirements, required outputs, or to develop GIS products in coordination with home office GIS support.
• Work with the TPMV Team to identify opportunities to integrate the use of mobile technology, and the collection of geo-location data.
• Prepare metadata and other documentation.
• Operate and maintain GIS system hardware and software.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the management.
• Degree in geography or related field.
• Three (3)-five (5) years experience conducting geospatial analysis, managing geospatial data, and cartographic production.
• Strong practical experience of ESRI s ArcGIS Desktop and QGIS.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to produce high quality work under deadlines.
• Strong organizational, coordination, and interpersonal skills.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Industry Type :
NGO / Social Services / Community Services / Non-Profit
Functional Area :