Manages Senior Sourcing resources dedicated to the specialty chemicals sourcing portfolio and junior sourcing resources from the global hub for allocated regional oil & gas projects.
• Receives sourcing plan and project opportunities from Categories and Areas.
• Develops action plans, timelines, resource assignments and business cases for each of these opportunities.
• Has the project planning, staffing and business case approved
• Staffs the projects approved by Segments and leads the project execution including:
• The data collection (Spend, needs, market) and analysis
• The effective location, evaluation and selection of a high-performing supply base in accordance with a short-list of preferred suppliers defined by Category managers if relevant or through new suppliers if required.
• The execution of RFI/Q/P (Request for Information/Quotation/information/Proposal) and bidding processes, minimizing risk and maximizing value in terms of quality, delivery and total cost of ownership.
• The supplier evaluation, assessment, qualification, and selection processes, up to parts & process qualification, in coordination with Quality standards and Supplier Managers if applicable.
• The negotiation of prices and terms with suppliers in order to meet specified quality, delivery and cost objectives
• The analysis of the different offers and the recommendation of 1 or several award scenario.
• The review of the contracting process with suppliers in coordination the Contract Management Specialist.
• The communication with Segment Account Lead at Global Category and Area level to secure proper Segment engagement at all steps of the sourcing process.
• The update / creation of sourcing guides, catalogues and BPN whenever applicable with the help of the sourcing administrative support resources.
• The properformalization of the projects through:
• Proper global sourcing template utilization,
• Reliable and timely Ariba entries.
• The knowledge transfer to the designated Supplier Manager(s)
• Monitors that the projects of his/her category to deliver the expected outcome within the planned budget and timeframe, and according to global sourcing hub processes.
• Reviews project team evaluation (Segment and Internal) at the end of each project and develops whenever needed.
• Develops the global sourcing resources (Career plan, training ) in order to have top performing workforce and to develop and to adapt it to the Segments and business needs.
• Identifies together with other sourcing category managers, global managers and Area team opportunities for continuous improvement and client service attitude development.
• Complies with all company, international and local procedures applicable to the job function.
Specific deliverables of the position:
• Project assessment and business case.
• Project templates filled in.
• Contracts and pricing agreements.
• Global Sourcing performance metrics and staffing load follow up.
Key Performance metrics that relate to the job:
• Spend coverage (% Managed Spend).
• Cost reduction.
• Efficiency of the category (# of project delivered, average duration of project, spend covered by HC).
• Project compliance (with budget, resources planned ).
• Process compliance (to stage gate process, Ariba utilization ).
• Compliance of procurement with signed contract.