Typical duties included are but not limited to:
• Ensure that the GPS Operation runs strictly and accordingly to the prescribed standards
• and policies of Aramex.
• Initial registration, investigation and conclusion of driving related incidents & or
• accidents reported.
• Ensure all registers are in place for GPS operation in Control Room is up to date and all
• GPS units and or devices are in excellent working order.
HR & Training
• Ensure they are trained in dealing with emergency situations and that it is documented
• with HR department
• Knowledge of fire systems & equipment as well as location of alarms
• Knows how to deal with crisis situation at facility
• Undergone official training by vendor in GPS system
• Communicate all irregularities or incidents like receiving panic alarms, deviation from
allocated routes, unauthorized stops, idling for some time etc., immediately to his direct management.
• Ensure all systems e.g. CCTV, DVR s monitors, access controls are in working order.
• Ensure that access to the property, building and assets are properly controlled be it for
visitors or employees.
• To operate and monitor all systems within the control center in an efficient manner
ensuring that all work is undertaken in compliance with the operating procedures,
policies and codes of practice
• Ensure all driving related incidents and accidents reported on timely manner.
• Ensure all irregularities like deviation from allocated routes, over speed, continuous driving etc. are reported on timely manner.
• Any HSE noncompliance from driving activities to be reported immediately.
• Make sure proper PPE s are worn by the drivers required for their job.
• Report any unsafe conditions / hazardous situations no matter how small it is.
• Ensure through appropriate checklist that all safety equipment s are properly checked and documented accordingly.
• Ensure Journey Management process is compiled with before truck leaves from the base
• Ensure pre-trip inspection is carried out by the driver and / or loading supervisor and the checklist is submitted prior to departure.
• Ensure Journey authorization form is filled accurately by the Loading Supervisors and submitted prior to departure
• Ensure the pre-trip inspection checklist and journey authorization forms are correctly entered
• Generate driver behaviour report on each trip and forward the electronic report to HSE to review and to give feedback to drivers on his behaviour
High Value Shipments:
• Ensure the truck is insured and all the related documents are valid and the copy is submitted
• Ensure the shipment is insured and all the related documents are valid and the copy is submitted
• Ensure truck dispatch checklist is filled and all related documents are attached prior to departure
• Ensure truck been locked using appropriate security seals
• To maintain the CCTV Room area in good order. No smoking / eating or drinking in this area to be allowed.
• All persons entering CCTV room must be there on official business. CCTV entrance door to always be secured.
• To maintain a secure system for providing data in accordance with the regulations set up by the management and ensure the security of the control room and equipment is maintained at all times.
• Upload required information to freight tracking system under Aramex.com
• Performance Management Ensure trucks approximate waiting time at boarders.
• Administer all GPS related matters such as setting parameters / geo fences for each destination location.
• Train GPS Operators how to read the set geo fences in case of any deviations from the set parameters, identifying the reason for alarms received etc.
• Ensure all the trucks are fitted with GPS, having all necessary documents required before dispatching the trucks by using appropriate checklist and document the records accordingly.
• Maintain separate filing for all trucks ensuring required documents are recorded accordingly.
• To be aware of your responsibilities in terms of health and safety, including identifying at your appraisal, appropriate health and safety training.
• To ensure that you approach your duties taking into consideration the principles of the best value.
Job Requirements (Experience and education)
• High school, college diploma or junior college.
• Good Command of English.
• MS Applications: (Word, Excel & Outlook).
• OHSAS experience
• Auditing experience
• Good reporting / presentation skills
• Knowledge of CA system as well as Share Point
• 2 years experience in Operations in reputable organization with clear track record is preferable
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
Typical duties included are but not limited to:
• Conceptual Thinking & Innovation
- Applies simple rules, common sense, and past experiences to identify problems
- Recognizes when a current situation is exactly the same as a past situation
• Achievement Drive
- Tries to do the job well or right
- Expresses a desire to do better
• Developing Others Security Guards
- Makes positive comments regarding other s developmental future, particularly those
whom others might see as not having high potential
• Organizational Commitment
- Helps others get their job done, leads by example.
- Respects and accepts what authorities see as important
- Expresses pride, pleasure, and/or dedication about being part of this organization
- Promotes and /or defends the organization s reputation with outsiders
• Customer Service Orientation
- Follows through on incidents, accidents, inquiries, requests & complaints
- Keeps his manager up-to-date about progress of investigations
- Take pride in being trustworthy
- Is honest in all relations
- Serves all equally
• Relationship Building
- Builds or maintains rapport with friends or acquaintances
- Pursues friendly relationships with associates, customers, or others
- States agenda s and objectives; controls time; makes assignments, etc
- Supports team decisions, is good team player, does his share of work
- Keeps other team members informed and up to date
- Shares all relevant or useful information
- Demonstrates willingness to change ideas or perceptions based on new information or
- Understands other people s points of view
- Acts quickly and decisively in a crisis or other time sensitive situation