At H K you will have the opportunity to work on well-known local and global brands, and benefit from a structured training and development path for your career.
Group Account Directors at Hill Knowlton Strategies (H K) take a leadership role in our business, working towards a place on the senior leadership team. You will be confident in managing the commercial aspects of a portfolio or practice, have the gravitas to deliver senior client counsel, and demonstrate the ability to inspire and lead a team.
With a broader view across a practice team and portfolio, the Group Account Director seeks to secure the position of trusted consultant at an increasingly senior level, has overall authority on accounts, and takes a lead role in strategic services such as Media Training, Crisis Management, Flight School and Messaging Development.
As a Group Account Director, you will be passionate about continuing the professional development of your own career as well as those in your team, championing H K standards and contributing to the strategic mission of the regional leadership team. You will have a positive reputation that is recognised across the wider agency and be known as a problem solver with strong business acumen, great analytical skills and creative vision.
The following job description details the skills and competencies required for this level.
At this level, you will be able to:
• Develop reputation internally, across H K and within industry for specialism in a specific practice or discipline. Grow industry, influencer and internal contacts to support your position
• Track current affairs, industry and social trends, and apply knowledge and understanding in day-to-day business with clients and at H K
• Be bold; Develop major creative and strategic campaigns from start to finish with excellent writing and presentation skills and minimal supervision from a Regional Director
• Hold client relationships at a senior level; deliver strategic counsel with confidence, maturity and professionalism across all aspects of integrated communications strategy
• Be a trusted advisor to clients, adding value to client relationships and supporting clients in achieving their critical business objectives
• Be skilled at both long term and rea-time content creation and publishing strategies and tactics
• Own ultimate responsibility for ensuring projects are delivered on time, on budget and exceed client s expectations in terms of results and professionalism; manage resources, review and approve client deliverables
• Confidently articulate and apply the 3P approach to existing potential clients. Train teams on how to actively apply this approach.
• Fluently and confidently discuss social and digital strategies with clients and drive escalation of knowledge in the team, continually learning the latest platforms, tools, technology, etc
• Consult on crisis communications in an integrated media environment and have experience in a support role on Flight School
• Demonstrate understanding of earned, owned, shared and paid channels, and recommend approach for each; display a passion and understanding for content marketing, ensuring all content is on brand, consistent in terms of style, tone and quality and optimised for all relevant channels
• Act as a leader in storytelling and propose innovative multi-channel content strategies for clients that generate new revenue streams
• Understand the central question model and use it in practice
• Understand the art of presentation skills and storytelling; bring ideas to life with the ability to adapt presentation styles to different audiences
• Assist in fostering a high performance led culture; play a central role in recruiting new talent and retention of existing talent in the team/agency
• Act as a strong leader with the ability to listen effectively and influence a team
• Actively contribute to the regional leadership in terms of agency/sector vision and be seen as a leader displaying gravitas, managing difficult client relationships, and demonstrating an understanding of business finance
• Apply emotional intelligence in your role as Line Manager; develop SMART performance career plans for direct report/s, successfully manage employee issues and difficult employee communications, and mentor/coach team members to develop their potential
• Create and drive initiatives to strengthen skills, promote loyalty, enthusiasm and culture of a practice or the office through training and/or other responsibilities
• Support training and development as faculty and/or coach on H K EMEA training programmes (e.g. Octave, Spring School, First Chair) and facilitate local training sessions
• Demonstrate a track record of success in organic and new business growth; identify and qualify leads and independently managing pitch and conversion using the full Creative Process and other structures for new business developments
• Ensure revenue and account profitability targets are met; structure and implement a plan of action for addressing revenue and profitability shortfalls
• Actively manage client team leads in delivery on allocated elements of financial deliverables including over-servicing levels, debt collection, contract completion, LPOs and reviews
• Understand management accounts, P Ls, SCTF ratios and how to use this information to improve business performance
• Have a strong overview of all H K services, global network and WPP Group and be able to identify areas for growth within existing client portfolio
• Demonstrate an active involvement in internal and external marketing activity for the agency; for example leading award entries, op-eds, social media programmes
• Complete timesheets at the end of each week, monitor completion by all direct report/s mandatory
• Be familiar with H Ks social media policy and professional practices
• Build on your emotional intelligence and self awareness
• Grow your presence in the industry, including relationships within H K global and industry bodies to support professional stature
• Define and pursue long term career objectives such as regional practice lead, discipline specialist or operational management; identify opportunities in the global H K network
• Become a mentor within H K s global virtual mentoring programme
• University degree
• 10 years relevant industry experience including management disciplines
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proven presentation and strategic planning capabilities
• Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
• Bilingual is an asset