- Devise and build a supportive, open and culture across the Group and continuously encourage excellence.
- Manage, mentor and motivate teams and monitor performance; giving recognition where appropriate and addressing any issues as they arise.
- Agree measures of business success and monitor progress against KPI s in the short, medium and long-term.
- Monitor Group finances; setting budgets, assessing risks and opportunities and ensuring legal compliance in all group activities.
- Generate and encourage the sharing of ideas for products, services and new ways of working.
- Ensure the recruitment and retention of talent into the Group.
- Identify problems, opportunities and solutions and bring these to the Board.
- Make recommendations in terms of Board roles and accountabilities, and evaluate performance on a regular basis.
- Lead on the development and nurturing of the four existing brands, along with any future Group brands.
- Lead on the continuous development of a mutually supportive partnering relationship with key stakeholders; both internally and externally.
- Represent the Group internally and externally i.e. through attendance at conferences, meetings and events in the UAE and overseas.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required:
- Track record of success at a senior (director / board) level within the B2B service or related sectors including, but not limited to, estate agency, retail, financial services and commercial membership associations.
- UAE based, with proven experience of leading significant teams in a blue-chip environment.
- Sales / commercial / marketing background.
- Knowledge of licensing / franchising arrangements or similar.
- Experience of / ability to present to external investors.
- Proven leadership abilities; able to to inspire and develop teams.
- Ability to generate respect, loyalty and trust from staff and external customers.
- Excellent financial, analytical and problem solving ability.
- Good organisational skills; able to multi-task and focus on the detail when required.
- Excellent communication, public speaking and presentation skills.
- Enthusiasm, dynamism and integrity combined with ambition and tenacity.
- Experience of mergers & acquisitions.
- Industry and technical product knowledge and awareness of competitor activity.
- Experience of delivering consultancy services.
- Exposure to privately owned, entrepreneurial businesses.