Position at Al Jazeera Media Network
The Group Program Manager is responsible for ensuring sustained success of the Al Jazeera Digital Platforms. Should be highly skilled in program management who integrates consulting, product management, and engineering skill set to ensure the successful planning, execution, delivery, and adoption of Al Jazeera Digital Products.
The Group Program Manager should bring best practice solutions, innovative ideas, and build out repeatable delivery capabilities through iterative project implementations within the Al Jazeera Digital Division. Must be able to effectively communicate both technically with engineers and business users and leaders to quickly understand requirements and translate them into delivery pathways.
Should feel comfortable consulting with top-level executives within Al Jazeera, backed by a strong understanding of their business objectives, while translating technical solutions and issues into language that is understandable by a non-technical audience. Should possess strong analytical, project management skills, and functional knowledge in the media and digital spaces
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Direct and monitor all activities for highly complex, high risk, strategic technology-based projects from initiation to closing. All projects cross platforms, applications, and/or business lines.
• Work with business partners to develop technology concepts, requirements, design alternatives, project schedules, and costs for new systems initiatives.
• Plan and direct highly complex program schedules and budget, monitoring project status in comparison to cost/time projections.
• Provide consistent and comprehensive status reports, project updates, and ongoing cost analyses, significant issue management/ resolution and communication, usually at the executive levels.
• Develop a trusted advisor relationship with executive sponsors and technical project leads such that all Al Jazeera Digital activities are closely aligned with the customer's business case, allowing the full potential of Al Jazeera Digital products and platforms to be realized.
• Establish post-implementation adoption activities to closely monitor the success of our stakeholders initiatives
• Serve as a customer advocate in driving industry best practices and the evolution of Al Jazeera Digital product and platform functionality
• Ensure regular and accurate reporting of Program project progress, issues, and direction with business stakeholders and end-users
• Become an expert on Al Jazeera Digital products, tools, and services
• Identify and drive opportunities for platform innovation and growth
Job Requirements / Qualifications:
• BA/BS degree required, ideally in CS, Mathematics or other quantitative fields
• 8 years relevant work experience with demonstrated client-facing experience. Experience with cloud / SaaS solutions and business models. Preferable work experience from a global consulting firm.
• Knowledge and experience of User-Centered design principles, A/B Testing and MVP Framework concepts.
• Knowledge and experience of working with databases and/or data warehouses.
• Hands on experience working with RESTful APIs.
• Experience working in media industry and/or digital space.
• Hands on experience with content and asset management solutions.