Administering Guest Experience functions, ensuring that the highest levels of hospitality and service are provided. Areas of responsibility include all Switchboard Operations, Room Service Order taking, Restaurant Reservations and supporting Housekeeping coordination duties.
BUSINESS CONTEXT EDITION
EDITION is the industry s first truly global lifestyle hotel brand that successfully combines a personal, intimate and unique hospitality experience on a global scale. Developed in collaboration with Ian Schrager and Marriott Intl., EDITION combines outstanding innovation and design with the highest levels of service execution. It achieves this goal by bringing great personal, friendly, modern service as well as outstanding, one-of-a-kind food, beverage and entertainment offerings... all under one roof .
EDITION responds to new emerging cultural and social imperatives. It reflects these changing lifestyles and caters to a vast underserved market of guests expecting and in turn demanding a unique experience, not merely a place to sleep. Each hotel is rare in its individuality, authenticity, originality and unique ethos that reflects the best of the cultural and social milieu of its location and of the time.
EDITION is about an attitude and the way it makes you feel rather than the way it looks. The attitude comes alive to guests via their senses. The brand has unique language, modern visual appeal, music and scent.
• A Full Time position based at The Abu Dhabi EDITION
• Size of Unit (Number of Rooms) 198 Bedroom and 57 Residences
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• No supervisory experience is required
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Operate telephone switchboard station in order to answer telephone calls.
• Process guest requests for wake up calls, screening calls, and other requests related to placing or receiving telephone calls. Answer, record, and process all guest calls, requests, questions, or concerns.
• Answer, record, and process all guest calls for In Room Dining orders, restaurant reservations requests.
• Receive, record, and relay messages accurately, completely, and legibly.
• Log all guest requests and/or issues into computer, contact appropriate individual or department (e.g., Bellperson, Housekeeping), and follow up with guest to ensure their request has been met to their satisfaction.
• Provide information to guests about room features, property amenities, and local areas of interest.
• Assists in the pre-arrival process on an ongoing basis.
• Transfer and proper directing of calls to the party the caller requests.
• Manages reservations calls coming in to the hotel for the hotel restaurants.
• Manages flow of bookings through reservations system.
• Have good knowledge of room service menus and on-going promotions.
• Provide proper recommendations and suggestions to guests upon request.
Ensuring and Providing Exceptional Guest Service
• Collaborates with the whole of the Front Office team on ways to continually improve guest service.
• Provides services that are above and beyond expectations for guest satisfaction and retention.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Displays outstanding hospitality skills.
Safety and Security
• Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
• Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
• Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
• Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
• Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
Policies and Procedures
• Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
• Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
• Follow company and department policies and procedures.
• Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN) to resolve issues and build trust.
• Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
• Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
• Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
• Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
• Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
• Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
• Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
• Provide assistance to coworkers, ensuring they understand their tasks.
• Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
• Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers d iscreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
• Prepare and review written documents (e.g., daily logs, business letters, memoranda, reports), including proofreading and editing written information to ensure accuracy and completeness.