• Customer services/contact.
• Hotel/hospitality experience especially in the Middle East will be an added value.
Skills and Knowledge
• Excellent command of English oral and written communication skills Arabic or other European Language is an added advantage
• Opera knowledge
• Tolerant for all guests and colleagues (regardless of race, sex, color or religion)
• Diplomatic and positive
• Proactive and responsible
• Ability to take simple decisions
• A people s person
• Fast Learner
• Team player
• Able to get on well with people from many different backgrounds, cultures, etc.
• Able to work under pressure
• Ability to multi tasks
• Should be flexible and able to work in shifts
• Ability to handle cash
• Have knowledge of selling skills
• Knowledge of Dubai is preferred but not essential
• Basic accounting skills
Education or Certification
• College Graduate-Preferred
• Hotel School is an added advantage-Preferred
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
• Report to work on time in proper, clean uniform with name tag, griffin, service note, etc.
• Maintain high standards of personal hygiene and wear proper uniform at all times (incl. name badge, griffin, service note, etc.).
• Ensuring lobby coverage at all times and special attention in serving VIPs and Elite members.
• Perform In Room Check-in to assigned VIPs and Elite members.
• Coordinate with Transportation Desk to ensure timely pick-up and drop-off of guests and whenever possible welcome them at the main drive and assist with check-in
• Follow the department check-list and task.
• Be knowledgeable about hotel procedures and check all bulletins for info
• Get a daily briefing about all special events
• Have knowledge about all room rates, discounts and promotions and know how to handle it
• Have knowledge about all guest rooms, features and amenities plus all services offered by the hotel
• Check in the guest according to SOP & LSOP and Job aids
• Follow all cash handling procedures and be able to check out all guests properly
• Perform any reasonable request as directed by Management
• Operate MARSHA / OPERA and other systems as required
• Be knowledgeable of Marriott Rewards, Elite program and other Frequent flyer programs as required
• Know the Brand Standard Audit Points and conform adherence
• Answer the telephone according to telephone etiquette as laid down by Marriott Standards
• Know the procedure to handle safety deposit boxes
• Handle email and messages in compliance with guidelines laid down and in a confidential manner
• Ensure the cleanliness and upkeep of the Lobby and other work areas
• Ensure that all guest problems are solved by using LEARN/GUEST models and escalated properly
• Assist fellow associates on their jobs to ensure completion of all jobs on time
• Be knowledgeable of all emergency procedures and know how to act on them when required
• Due to the nature of our business, to understand that work schedules and demands of the position may vary from time to time.
• Ensure all guests are welcomed, met and greeted, offered welcome drinks and/or cold towels (depending on brand) and escorted to the elevators and/or room according to the JW Marriott Welcome Experience.
• Use password with discretion and follow all policies laid down by Marriott Intl. with regards to PCI.
• Be familiar with all local attractions, hotels, restaurants, etc.
• Protect guest and associate security by never revealing any personal information, room numbers, addresses, telephone numbers etc. unless authorized by a manager.
• Close shift at the end of the day by strictly following the blind drop closing procedures.
• Front desk/Guest Relations leader will always verify your shift closing.
• Report any unusual occurrences and/or requests to a Manager.
• Act as a hotel and brand ambassador at all times.
• Be proactive in anticipating guest needs and ensure lobby presence is maintained at all times.
• Be familiar with daily checklists/events/arrival-departure trend of your shift to ensure smooth operations.
• Initiate and Involve in additional projects and duties as assigned by leaders and ensure the tasks are done within the deadline
Safety and Security
• Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
• Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
• Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
Policies and Procedures
• Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
• Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
• Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
• Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
• Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
• Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
• Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
• Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
• Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listeni ng to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
• Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
• Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
• Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.