The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
1) Welcome all guests with a smile and maintain a professional approach at all times.
2) Be knowledgeable about daily hotel operations, check daily event sheet , bulletin boards and be up to date with all changes, new procedure and events.
3) Have knowledge of hotel rates, package and discounts.
4) Attend the shift briefing, daily 15 minutes training and front office monthly meeting.
5) Be flexible according to the business needs.
6) Be fully aware of hotel credit policy and procedures and ensure that it’s adhered at all time.
7) Be knowledgeable and promote the Marriott rewards program.
8) Keep yourself informed with all VIP arrivals.
9) Be flexible in regard to work schedule.
10) Strive to represent Marriott in the most professional manner at all times.
11) Ensure that all VIP room assignments are done 24hrs in advance and communicated to all departments
12) Take initiative through empowerment to ensure complete guest satisfaction.
13) Be fully aware of safety and emergency procedures.
14) Handle mail and messages properly and on confidential basis.
15) Know how to follow all hospitality guidelines and daily service basics.
16) Ensure that all guest problems are resolved by using “Guest Response Program”
17) Assist a fellow associates in their Job to ensure that all are done on time.
18) Use your Opera and other systems password with discretion. Log off the terminal when leaving the area.
19) Have knowledge about the city, the local area and attraction to provide the guests with all requested information.
20) Make sure to work with various departments for accurate delivery of guest amenities
21) Share, announce and display all VIP arrivals and introduce brief information about guests.
22) Be aware of the front desk operations and help front desk associates when needed
23) Report any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager, supervisor.
24) Be familiar with the AM, PM and night check list to ensure smooth daily operations.
25) Ability to deal with the public in a professional and courteous manner.
26) Ability to communicate with all managers, supervisors and fellow associates.
27) Ensure the proper safety instructions are given before operating any equipment.
28) Be aware of the Marriott brand standards and follow the thoroughly
29) Constantly monitor Food & Beverage buffets and ensure professional presentation.
30) Monitor Food runners to ensure all supplies are up to the guest satisfaction
31) Communicate any food and beverage related issues to concerned individuals