Purpose of Job: To work on a rotation basis within the Front Office, ensuring that all transactions are posted the course of the day. Each shift must balance. To work overnight shift within Front Office, ensuring that all transaction and reports for the day are correct. To serve all guest requests for assistance and information, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction.
1. To be constantly aware of the room situation and to strive to obtain maximum occupancy.
2. To have a complete understanding of the hotel's employee handbook and adhere to the regulations contained within.
3. To respond to any changes as dictated by the industry, company or hotel.
4. To attend to guests who approach the Front Desk, immediately, cordially, and with a smile.
5. To attend to hotel guests in the procedure of registering, inquiries, key handling, message and all related matters.
6. To register the guests promptly ensuring that they are provided with all the necessary information.
7. To ensure the telephone is answered promptly and clearly, ensuring a courteous and friendly manner.
8. To take room reservations effectively, efficiently and a laid out on the proper reservation form.
9. To keep the daily Log Book up to date.
10. To monitor closely the issuance and return of hotel keys by maintaining Log Books.
11. To ensure the running of all overnight reports are completed fully and correctly.
12. To ensure the photocopying for distribution is completed efficiently each night, and has been distributed prior to 0830 hours.
13. To carry out all other duties to the standards and specifications laid out in the overnight shift manual.
14. To inform Managers to welcome VIP
15. To advise Team Leader - Front Office of any dubious billing matters instruction.
16. To prepare the daily reports such as Daily Special Rate List Daily Up- Grade List and Daily No-Show and Cancellation List .
17. To be aware of all hotel activities and the layout of the hotel.
18. To extend a personal service to the guests, and assist them in all their requirements.
19. To handle the guest mail, take telephone messages, and ensure that all telexes, mail and telephone messages are distributed promptly.
20. To handle packages and periodically send unclaimed mail back to the sender.
21. To issue keys to the guests, and assist the Front Desk in checking-in guests during busy hours.
22. To observe the guest services in the lobby and ensure that all areas are covered and kept clean.
23. To handle both individual FIT guests, and group check-outs according standard procedure.
24. To arrange guest bills into respective pockets and verify recurrences.
25. To post all charges immediately to the guest folios.
26. To maintain guest ledgers in a systematic manner to facilitate balancing by the night auditor.
27. To immediately recognize VIP, and returning guests.
28. To check the validity of travel agent vouchers.
29. To maintain the Log Book, by recording any information and guest comments.
30. To be responsible for all issued funds, foreign currencies and all collections.
o To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name badge at all times.
o To provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
o To maintain good working relationship as with your own colleagues, and all other departments.
o To have a complete understanding of and adhere to the Hotel s Policy relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
o To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
o To have a complete understanding of the Hotel s employee handbook and adhere to the regulations contained within.
o To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
o To attend all training sessions/programme that are requested by the Hotel s Management.
Industry Type :
Hotels / Hospitality
Functional Area :
Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Front Desk