The Guest Service Officer as ambassador of Sofitel Dubai Downtown is required to actively promote the quality image of the company and the hotel at every opportunity.
Your role as a Guest Service Officer includes key responsibilities such as:
• To be an ambassador of the Front Office and of the hotel, in and outside the work place.
• To always keep the working area clean and well maintained.
• To use appropriate materials, equipments and supplies for the smooth run of the Front Office operations and to ask for requisitions accordingly.
• To properly use the telephone etiquette as per Sofitel standards.
• To attend all guests approaching the front desk in the procedure of check-in/check-out, inquiries, key handling and all related matters, respecting the hotel standards and procedures.
• To offer a warm welcome to all guests and to ensure that they enjoy their stay being offered the finest personal service.
• To personally greet and escort the guests rather than pointing out directions.
• To respect the privacy of the guests and the confidentiality of the information.
• To manage any guest complaint in a professional manner, by owning it, resolving it to the guest satisfaction and recording it.
• To call the supervisor or manager for advice in serious cases or if an approval is required.
• To share daily activity highlights with the supervisor and manager including internal and external guest opportunities.
• To be aware of and to report all guest comments or complaints.
• To be aware of all VIPs visiting or staying in the hotel.
• To maintain an accurate Guest History and to pre-register all recurring guests.
• To check the arrival lists and to block all the rooms according to guest requests and needs, as advised by the Front Office Supervisor.
• To ensure that all assigned and blocked rooms requiring special set-ups are accurately displayed in the PMS and available to the Housekeeping and other departments in due time.
• To properly follow all CID and local government requirements concerning hotel guests and files.
• To daily handle the guest files and folios, ensuring that all the immigration, financial and audit procedures are fully respected.
• To do a proper cashier closer and to ensure a complete handover between the shifts.
• To be aware of forged currency and travelers checks and to respect all the financial and audit procedures.
• To check the departure lists and to ensure check-out times are respected.
• To monitor rooms status and discrepancies.
• To properly use all the equipment and Fidelio management system, to have a perfect knowledge of the set ups.
• To strictly respect the room keys and section keys handover procedures.
• To daily follow the check lists.
• To assist in securing external guest accommodation should an overbooking occur.
• To respect schedules, terms and deadlines as agreed with the Management.
• To daily read the F/O logbook, to update it and to sign it.
• To be aware of all hotel facilities operating timing and to promote the internal activities and events.
• To up sell Rooms, Food and Beverage outlets and other facilities whenever opportunities arise.
• To be updated with the latest administrative, organizational, operational or other changes and news.
• To be updated with the competitors offerings and rates.
• To liaise closely with the Sales and Reservations on rate management.
• To attend a daily line up briefing with the Front Office team to recapitulate tasks and activity.
• To promote the Accor loyalty programs.
• To maintain an atmosphere of high morale and a happy working relationship among the team.
• To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag. To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene and adhere to the hotel and department grooming standards.
• To provide friendly, courteous and professional service at all times.
• To maintain good working relationships with colleagues and all other departments.
• To read and understand the hotel s Employee Handbook and to adhere to the hotel s rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
• To comply with local legislation as required.
• To respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the needs of the hotel.
• To be flexible and extend job duties to carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capability as assigned, including redeployment to alternative departments/areas if required, to meet business demands and guest service needs.
• To attend training and meetings as and when required.
We are looking to appoint a Guest Service Officer for the stunning 5* Sofitel Dubai Downtown who thrives in a high pressured and rewarding team environment and is looking for a career with a hospitality leader.
The ideal candidate will be a friendly, caring, dedicated individual with good cross cultural sensitivity and the willingness to put in an extra effort and time when required, as well as the passion to serve customers. You will work well under pressure in a fast paced environment and enjoy working with a multi-cultural team and guests alike, while possessing following additional competencies:
At least 1-2 years experience in Front Office, preferably in a luxury hotel
Fluent in English, can speak Arabic, French or German.
Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
Competent user of desktop applications and hotel applications
Selected candidates will be contacted within 5-7 working days
Industry Type :
Hotels / Hospitality
Functional Area :
Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Front Desk