As you know, SAP s vision is to help the world run better and improve people s lives.
As THE cloud company powered by SAP HANA , SAP is a market leader in enterprise application software, helping companies of all sizes and industries Run Simple.
We empower people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. SAP applications and services enable our customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
At SAP, we believe in the power of collaboration and empower our employees to perform at their best in an environment that encourages free and open expression of ideas. Here, you work alongside creative thinkers who share your intets, while turning big ideas into reality for our customers. With innovative job training, mentors to help you grow, and the flexibility to balance your work and personal life, you re able to build your career. It s no wonder that some of the sharpest minds from around the world are working for a company that is consistently recognized as a global top employer.
The HEC Commercial Expert will be part of a Regional Sales CoE that bears responsibility for helping to achieve the EMEA South region HEC sales outcomes. The candidate has to closely align their activities and commercial approaches with the Solution Sales Engagement Managers (SSEM), Client Partners (CP) and License Sales colleagues for a joint customer focused approach. The HEC Commercial Expert in conjunction with the Virtual Account Team are responsible for directing the HEC services sales strategy and execution for defined Strategic Customer opportunities within the region. The individual will ensure proper integration of the SAP HEC commercial strategy for the most complex and challenging Customer opportunities in coordination with the account owners to help create customer value and meet and exceed targets for Order Entry. In order to be successful in overcoming the challenges in a complex and large Customer opportunity, the HEC Commercial Expert must engage and leverage multiple stakeholders in the related SAP landscape including, but not limited to Cloud Deal Desk, CFR, Rev Rec, Legal, GSI as well as other SAP Lines of Business. This role combines a mixture of commercial strategizing and execution, coordination of the multiple integration points that present challenges to any defined strategy, a strong understanding of IFR15 and the Quota Credit Guidelines, as well as the ability to work within a global team and highly matrixed organization. The HEC Commercial Expert s core objectives are to support the VAT to grow the deal size, shorten the deal lifecycle and increase the probability of closing opportunities relating to HEC and AMS on HEC bookings in the region. The HEC Commercial Expert will work within a Sales CoE and will be assigned opportunities and is expected to create strong and lasting relationships, achieve "trusted advisor" status within the VAT and broader SAP community.
EXPECTATIONS AND KEY TASKS
- Advise the VAT and collaborate to determine and develop specific commercial strategies in a sophisticated and complex business environment for assigned HEC opportunities.
- Take ownership of commercial challenges and define strategies and actions that lead to successful outcomes
- Continuously support the VAT on assigned opportunities to address ongoing commercial challenges that may arise during the sales cycle for complexities arising during:
- legal negotiations,
- commercial negotiations,
- TCO/ROI preparations,
- risk reviews and margin analysis
- opportunities such as, contract negotiation, margin analysis and risk reviews.
- Employ a strong understanding and working relationship with the Cloud Deal Desk and Bookings CoE to develop commercial strategies for complexities earlier in the sales cycle rather in crisis mode later in the deal lifecycle
- Work with Virtual Account Teams to create and craft value propositions highlighting the value of the defined commercial strategy that will lead to successful business benefits for SAP and our Customers
- Work with regional and global colleagues to provide feedback and overcome challenges that are faced within strategic opportunities
- Change the game (serve as a competitive differentiator) in strategic deals through solution differentiation and thought leadership
- Work with other line of business colleagues to ensure the overall commercial approach is sound
- Develop tactics and actions that contribute to the close plan activities for how the commercial strategy is executed
Minimum of 10 years of professional experience; demonstrated knowledge/expertise of finance and accounting principles such as revenue recognition
Minimum of 3+ years of professional experience; demonstrated knowledge/expertise and involvement in deal crafting and defining commercial strategies to be able to maximize Order Entry on signed contracts
Minimum 5+ years of in supporting HEC and/or a Managed Services or Outsourcing business
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Significant experience in supporting sales/delivery of Cloud and/or Outsourcing Services
- Proven Experience in supporting and driving large complex commercial strategies
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix organization
- Demonstrated experience in understanding of contractual concepts and its influence on ability to recognize revenue
- Demonstrated experience in working within a broader VAT to develop commercial strategies and deal crafting techniques
- Interpersonal Skills: Negotiation Skills, Communications/Presentation Skills (verbal, written), Team Player/Interpersonal Skills, Proactive Networking Attributes, Results and Execution Focus, High Drive, Self-Starter motivated, Regional Mobility
- Fluent in English
Industry Type :
IT - Software Services
Functional Area :