Level of Education Vocational education Areas of study Technical & Maintenance Professional experiences 1 to 2 years Languages essential English
Essential and Optional Requirements
The ideal candidate will be a hands-on professional with a passion for service quality and excellence. Outgoing, creative and eager to share the desire to deliver Novotel service standards and ACCOR values with guests and associates.
• Works from drawings, sketches and verbal instructions to obtain dimensions and finish specifications.
• Determines method and sequence of work operation, quality and size of raw stock and hardware necessary to complete the assignment. May also make working sketches of partition, walls, fixtures and frames in order to complete assignment.
• Repairs furniture, doors windows, tables and cabinets. May also construct, assemble and install permanent structures, office partitions, door, cornices and counters, panels, walls and ceilings. Lays out and constructs forms, shuttering for new structures
• Supervises outside carpenters in their work and guide them accordingly.
• Ensures all precautions are taken prior to commence the job in terms of health and safety.
• Keep the carpentry workshop clean and neat always in terms of fire safety.
• Returns notification of job completed to his seniors, time taken, materials used to complete the assigned job.
• Ensures all surroundings are free of danger and rectifies the shortcomings immediately.
• Ensure that all tools in the maintenance cart are kept clean and in good condition.
• Carry out any instructions as indicated by the Engineering Supervisor or the Director of Maintenance & Security.
• If judged to be capable of carrying out a different job title/requirement, must be willing to accept new job challenges and position.
• Familiarize himself with the total building layout.
• Keep an eye on basement car park and ensures it is neat and clean always.
IBIS AND ITS PEOPLE
Simplicity, Modernity, Well-being
Acteurs, the Ibis staff training and professional development programme , enables staff to:
- become more professional by acquiring new skills,
- learn a second profession,
- be more independent in guest relations,
- receive recognition for their skills
Contact: Recruitment Team
Job ID: 82255637