One of the Leading Retail Groups in the Middle East is looking out for a Head of Buying for Apparels and Accessories to be based Dubai, UAE with strong buying experience with the major focus in buying in Women Apparels and Accessories.
As a Head Buyer, you are responsible for managing the buying for within multiple high-growth departments for the Women Apparels and Accessories Business. It's your job to oversee a team to effectively develop suites of products - determining competitive pricing that lives up to our brand promise and analyzing marketplace trends to identify new opportunities for the future and to transition if they are past their prime - ensuring business plans are a - win-win- for our customers and the company. Creativity and agility will be paramount as you identify retail trends and synthesize information and partnerships across multiple cross-functional touch points - providing forecasts and business solutions in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment.
You won't do this alone. You work within the world-class team of collaborative colleagues and have access to industry-leading merchandising tools and technology to help you analyze and interpret customer, partner, market, business and financial insights at scale. Your job is to bring the - art- to the - science- using your intuition and expertise fueled by data, analytics and, above all, a passion for helping our customers save money and live better.
- Develops and implements strategic direction for the Women Apparels and Accessories Category.
- Drives sales and gross profit through the optimization of the product assortment.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects for merchandising concepts
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Maximizes the return on inventory investment in partnership with the Merchandise Planning team, cross-functional partners, and suppliers
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Supports cross-channel and company initiatives to achieve global strategic multi-channel plans
- 10+ years of proven experience in merchandise, forecasting, and product selection with at last 5 years in Women Apparels and Accessories buying.
- Managerial experience developing Assoc. Buyers and Buyers and worked
- In addition, must have experience developing strong business relationships with vendors and industry leaders
- Must have experience managing and creating new categories of business in extremely competitive environment
- Must have experience with high risk, high volume, complex categories.
- Must have experience managing margin to meet category objectives
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Travel required roughly once per quarter
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Proven history of managing complex projects to successful completion
- Experience developing, training and leading a team
- Passionate about retail
- Willingness to learn and grow
- Ability to think outside of role
Industry Type :
Functional Area :
Buying / Purchase / Procurement / Vendor Management