Our world is your playground. Be part of a unique upscale hospitality culture never seen in Doha. We are looking for a talented Head Chef - Italian to join our pre-opening team.
PULLMAN DOHA WEST BAY QATAR opening in the heart of Doha Q1 - 2019!
Pullman is vibrant and dynamic with over 80 upscale hotels in prime destinations of the world's most exciting cities, from Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia-Pacific and Latin America. Part of Accor Hotels, the world's leading hotel operator with more than 4000 addresses, Pullman is a tailor-made concept for global entrepreneurs in today's hyper-connected world.
The global nomad is Pullman s representation of the new generation of travelers and business leaders. Hyper-connected and sophisticated explorers, the world is their playground and every moment is an opportunity.
Set to be the Middle East flagship, Pullman Doha West Bay is a 5-star hotel featuring 375 stylish rooms and 93 refined serviced apartments, in a stunning 47 high-rise modern tower. With spectacular views of the West Bay area, the most prominent district of Doha, the hotel offers nine innovative gastronomic concepts, state-of-the-art event center, unique spa and fitness facilities with pool, terrace and a definite design identity.
Join our cosmopolitan team and be part of this fascinating adventure.
We believe that empowerment and continuous improvement are the stepping stones to excellence, for which we give our team opportunities for skill enhancement and international careers.
The successful candidate will be a hands-on leader with extensive experience in hotel pre-opening; mature, creative, focused, committed and passionate about the trade. Apply today!
A very creative , self motivated and up to the challenge Italian Chef, who has in his mind and culinary flair in positioning the restaurant into a high-end gourmet level and be the talk of the town.
Accountable for the quality, consistency and production of the restaurant kitchen. Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Coordinates menus, purchasing, staffing and food preparation for the property's restaurant. Works with team to improve guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved. Develops and trains team to improve results.
• Supervises restaurant kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
• Maintains food preparation handling and correct storage standards.
• Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
• Plans and manages food quantities and plating requirements for the restaurant.
• Communications production needs to key personnel.
• Assists in developing daily and seasonal menu items for the restaurant.
• Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations regulations.
• Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
• Estimates daily restaurant production needs.
• Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
• Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
• Determines how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
• Well experienced Italian national previously working in the same position for a 5 star luxury hotel (preferable working experience in Middle East)
• Fully aware of traditional Italian dishes and also to have an innovative and creative approach to producing and decorating dishes
Education and Experience
High school diploma or Bachelor ; 4 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
Tax free salary and benefits package include initial flight, annual flight home, accommodation, bonus, medical insurance, 30 vacations days per year and other great benefits
If you are experienced in the above-related fields and looking for exceptional and challenging opportunities, apply now to be part of this exciting journey.
Please note: only candidates matching above minimum requirements will be considered!