We are looking for Head Nurse-OPD for Kuwait
The Head Nurse- OPD consults with the Nursing Supervisor & Nursing Director concerning administrative, professional and clinical issues, and assumes operational responsibility of the OPD & NMH University Clinics. Manages and coordinates the unit; directs and supervises functions and activities; interprets policies, procedures, standards and regulations as appropriate. Performs duties in any nursing capacity as needed.
1. Maintains established departmental policies & procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards. Takes corrective action in the event of violations.
2. Prepares and oversees work schedules, ensures no overlapping; assigns personnel to patients based on acuteness of patient care needs and staff availability.
3. Evaluates work performance and make recommendations for personnel actions.
4. Directs maintenance of departmental facilities, equipment, supplies and materials to promote efficiency, health, comfort, and safety of patients and staff.
5. Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients and families in accordance with Hospital standards.
6. Prepares written documentation as required by the profession and the department. Periodically reviews department’s policies and procedures, updates and amends with current information.
7. Ensures accurate maintenance of patients’ medical records and confidentiality of information contained therein. Maintains all required reports, records, statistics, etc.
8. Prepares quarterly report of all assigned activities.
9. Identifies and reports to the Nursing Director, areas of nursing care delivery that requires in-service education and initiates action to correct the problem.
10. Organize staff meeting & maintains awareness of ongoing Quality Assurance studies within the unit; assists in the implementation of corrective actions determined necessary.
11. Adjusts staffing to meet needs and to provide adequate coverage of unit during off shift and consults the department manager for long term staff adjustments.
12. Consults with Nursing Administration concerning management of assigned units and all related matters. Initiates activities that promotes nursing and generates new avenues for increase of revenues.
13. Assists attending physicians and aids patients and families as needed in times of stress or crisis.
14. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops
15. Attends meetings as required, and actively participates on committee as directed.
16. Performs other related duties as assigned by the Nursing Director.