We are looking for Head Nurse-OR for Kuwait
The Head Nurse- OR consults with the Area Supervisor concerning administrative, professional and clinical issues, and assumes operational responsibility of Operating Room, Recovery Room and Cesarean Section OR. Directs and supervises activities, interprets and implements policies/procedures and standards as per the ACI & JCIA recommendations and Ministry of Health regulations as appropriate.
1. Directs and supervises Nursing services personnel within the OR suite in accordance with the Hospital, governmental bodies (MOH) and other regulatory standards.
2. Prepares work schedules and assigns personnel. Evaluates work performance and makes recommendations.
3. Conducts daily inspection of assigned patient care areas for compliance with policies, procedures, regulations, infection control and risk management standards, and takes corrective actions/ makes recommendations where violations occur in order to rectify the situation.
4. Directs maintenance of departmental facilities, equipment, supplies and materials to promote efficiency, health, comfort, and safety of patients and staff.
5. Ensures availability of adequate supply of consumable and non-consumable for patient care requirement, through a systematic inventory and ordering process.
6. Establishes and maintains inventories of equipment and other supplies, and ensures that par levels are maintained.
7. Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients and families in accordance with Hospital standards.
8. Ensures accurate maintenance of patients’ medical records and confidentiality of information contained therein.
9. Prepares written documentation as required by the Nursing department, and maintains appropriate records and statistics as directed.
10. Maintains a comprehensive and ‘up-to-date’ index or profile of all attending surgeons’ preferences.
11. Formulates departmental monthly report as directed by the Department.
12. Assists in the preparation of the fiscal budget and makes appropriate recommendation.
13. Contributes in the implementation of total Quality Management Programmes aimed at best practice methods within a climate of customer focus.
14. Consults with Nursing Administration concerning management of assigned areas and all related matters.
15. Participates in the development and implementation of departmental goals & objectives, philosophy and mission statement.
16. Provides staff development and education programmes in consultation with Area Nursing Supervisor & Nursing Director.
17. Assists in the process of selection, orientation and training, and initiates performance evaluation of Department personnel.
18. Performs other related duties as assigned by the Nursing Supervisor.