Careem s storytellers set the brand tone. The brand and marketing team are a creative group of specialists who tell Careem s stories of purpose and aspiration through advertising, brand strategy, digital engagement and product placement. Using channels ranging from outdoor to social media, the brand and marketing teams connect the mission and sole of Careem s vision to the hearts and minds of customers and captains around the region.
As akey member of the Careem brand activation team, you will be responsible for bringing to life the core brand calendar across all our markets, landing powerful, locally relevant campaigns that meaningfully drive our brand equity and growth objectives.
The role reports into the Brand Marketing Director.
• Key member of the Brand Leadership team, managing the basecamp brand activations team across customers, captains and colleagues.
• Responsible for leading the implementation of world-class brand campaigns, working closely with the Brand Planning team to execute communication platforms and integrated brand campaigns across the region.
• Oversee the execution of the marketing and brand strategies that communicate a compelling value proposition for current and prospective users in collaboration with brand marketing leadership, regional teams and marketing managers.
• Lead on key projects, in particular regional partnership activations, ensuring clarity in strategy, planning, execution, roles and responsibilities, objectives and KPIs.
• Ensure seamless flow of information between regional and local market team particularly for localization of global/regional marketing campaigns.
• Builds strong and collaborative partnerships both within Dubai Basecamp and local marketing teams across all cities and countries.
• Ensures all marketing activities feel local and personal while adhering to global brand standards and voice with the brand executive activation team.
• Ability to turn business needs into clear and inspiring creative briefs.
• Identify opportunities within the organisation to influence product and experience design that reinforce brand positioning and messaging.
• Builds partnerships with the broader Careem marketing community to share ideas and leverage best practices and successes across the region.
• Motivates and shows passion for delivering world class brand activation personally and through campaigns delivered by the team.
• Act as global hub for all brand activation teams, developing practices that can be leveraged across the region.
• Provide exceptional team leadership with a focus on clarity of vision and direction, with well-defined roles & responsibilities, colleague engagement, mentoring, development and retention.
• Provides support at all levels (strategic, creative, analytical, coordination) for ad-hoc and non-calendar based brand activities
Key Performance Indicators
• Flawless activation of gold-standard brand campaigns across the region to deliver highly effective annual brand calendars across markets, on time and in budget
• Wide-spread adoption of brand calendar and brand campaign across markets and cities driving marketing efficiencies
• Agile delivery of ad-hoc brand support to a high standard against accelerated timelines
• Consistent modelling of both brand stewardship and collaborative behaviours to deliver the above
• Undergraduate degree in Business / Marketing
• 6-8 years cutting edge brand marketing experience gained ideally client slide, or in the account team of an exceptional agency
• Self-driven. Outstanding organizational skills; integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily and prioritize with skill.
• Experience in leading innovative initiatives that meet and exceed business and financial goals; critical thinking, excellent analysis, and problem-solving skills.
• An integrated marketing mind-set with experience in brand and marketing, and an excellent understanding of the interplay offline and online, and between paid, earned and owned channels in the marketing mix.
• Along with this deep campaign experience we re looking for that x-factor combination of creativity, strategic thinking & passion for brand building
• You ll be a leading people manager, coach and mentor with proven experience in developing teams
• Excellent writing skills and a keen visual sense.
• Strong project management skills, attention to detail and communication skills
• Deep experience in managing multi-country agency relationships
• Tenacity and resilience in delivering results and overcoming obstacles
• A strong track record of developing and maintaining highly collaborative cross-functional relationships.
• Fluency in English is a given, language skills relevant to the region are a bonus.
• In addition to exceptional discipline expertise and being highly detail-oriented, the successful candidate will be a thinker, a do-er, a go-getter and will express an sleepless passion for creativity, and humour.