About the role
Careem s storytellers set the brand tone. The brand and marketing team are a creative group of specialists who tell Careem s stories of purpose and aspiration through advertising, brand strategy, digital engagement and product placement. Using channels ranging from outdoor to social media, the brand and marketing teams connect the mission and sole of Careem s vision to the hearts and minds of customers and captains around the region.
The perfect candidate will have the right combination of strategic and creative experience -- connecting content, social, digital, search and community engagement efforts.
You ll lead and grow the team to reflect our voice, creating global content, channel strategies and processes, and build the strategies and resources for a widely distributed social marketing team.
The role reports into the Brand Marketing Director
• Be a key member of the Brand Leadership team, managing our global content strategy across customers, captains and colleagues.
• Build a team of strategic talent committed to publishing a regular stream of popular content that entertains, informs, and extends our community.
• Drive a content roadmap that delivers the needs of the performance and brand marketing teams.
• Create a community strategy intended to foster emotional bonds between Careem Captains and passengers.
• Analyse content performance and use insights to produce better content
• Drive innovative and evocative content aligned to brand objectives, tailored for a variety of channels including but not exclusively to digital & social.
• Provide exceptional team leadership with a focus on clarity of vision and direction, with well-defined roles & responsibilities, colleague engagement, mentoring, development and retention.
• Collaborate with Growth, Influencers, Brand Marketing, and Creative to strategise, plan, brief and lead the executions of content and distribution opportunities that align with brand, growth and marketing initiatives
• Partner with Product, Brand Marketing, Partnerships, Growth and local marketing teams to identify, create, and repurpose content to support brand, acquisition and lifecycle marketing needs through campaigns, landing pages, blogs, etc.
• Act as global hub for all to drive knowledge of best-in-class content creation and execution across our channels and cities.
• Builds strong and collaborative partnerships both within Dubai Basecamp, local marketing teams & media partners across our cities and countries.
Key Performance Indicators
• Inspirational and consistent content marketing across the region, delivering highly engaging content, plans and calendars on time and in budget.
• Complete adoption of global content calendar and social campaign across markets and cities driving marketing engagement
• Consistent modelling of both brand stewardship and collaborative behaviours to deliver the above
• Reach & Sentiment
What you will need - Qualifications & Skills
• Undergraduate degree in Business / Marketing / Content
• A strategist, architect, manager and flawless orchestrator of provocative, entertaining, informative and shareable content that cuts across the Careem community.
• 6-8 years in marketing and/or agency positions, with content, social, and digital leadership experience at a top brand or exceptional agency.
• Exceptional editorial skills and a track record of mentoring young strategists, writers, editors, and marketing managers.
• Turn business needs into clear and inspiring creative briefs.
• Identify opportunities within the organization to influence product and experience design that reinforce brand positioning and messaging.
• A go-getter. A rule-breaker. With an existing portfolio of ideas that challenge the status quo, create dialogue, drive organic views, and bring people together
• A leader of people, you ll coach and mentor with proven experience in developing teams.
• A passion to test and learn, to get it right and learn from what s wrong, with a strong analytical appetite and hunger to establish a framework to measure the results of content, social media and SEO initiatives.
• In-depth expertise with online and social media marketing best practices, and ability to advocate to various internal and external audiences.
• Ability to remain creative, diplomatic and of course calm under pressure.
• Ability to work collaboratively to build communication and relationships internally and externally.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, YouTube, Instagram etc.) And how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
• Tenacity and resilience in delivering results and overcoming obstacles.
• Fluency in English is a given, language skills relevant to the region are a bonus