To assist the Finance and Administration manager in the formulation of strategies, annual business plans of the financial control section. Responsible for assuming prime responsibilities for the internal financial controls of the Company and performing daily reporting control over branches and subsidiaries and performing account reconciliations.
• Contribute towards formulation of strategy, annual business plans, policies and procedures of Financial Control Section, to support divisional and organizational business strategy.
• Ensure that the Control & Reconciliation processes within our company are operating effectively and efficiently toward achieving high operating standards.
• Maintain highest standards of professional conduct, ethics and integrity in the provision of services in the section.
• Ensure that the section s business plans are within agreed budgets and timescales. Provide timely, accurate and complete progress reports to the Finance & Administration Manager on the financial and operational progress of the section.
• Maintain detailed records of all expenditure incurred by each business and support division and exercise control over expenditure control forms by maintaining sequence control and logs.
• Ensure the payment requests are accompanied with full original supporting documentation and proof of delivery of goods or services.
• Ensure that proper authorization is obtained for all expenditures, including expenditure in excess of the budget, in accordance with our policy.
• Contribute to the development of new accounting systems and reporting procedures.
• Ensure that our company s accounting practices are in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and requirement in Qatar, International Financial and Accounting Reporting Standards and internal regulations.
• Analyse and evaluate relevant information and compile data concerning the effectiveness of current management accounting systems through the study of on-going operations, examination of external and internal audit reports and discussion with our employees.
• Coordinate with internal and external auditors and provide all required information to the concerned parties in order to facilitate the preparation of timely and accurate management reports.
• Manage the development of our company s chart of accounts, in coordination with the Finance & Administration Manager.
• Verify journal and ledger entries of cash and cheque payments, purchases, expenses and trial balances within the contracted credit period.
• Oversee record of all expenditure requests (manually or automated) segregated by, but not limited to section/department, expense currency and amount.
• Ensure that new expense accounts are created with proper approvals.
• Ensure that inventory for all company assets, cash and material is periodically done in coordination with internal and external auditors.
• Monitor and report the impairment losses on investment and operating losses and provide report on the same to the relevant managers/heads of sections.
• Track payments and mark processed expenditure forms. Notify the Purchase Section and requesting sections/ departments if necessary.
• Maintain a proper filing system for budgets, payments, and fixed asset register (FAR).
• Reconcile, in coordination with the Head of Finance Section all prepayment accounts and accounts payable and maintain details thereof.
• Responsible for meeting set targets and objectives as well as the financial performance of their Section.
• Ensure high standards of confidentiality to safeguard commercially sensitive information.
• Provide timely and accurate information to the external and internal auditors as and when required.
• Bachelor degree in Business Administration with specialization in Financial Management, and / or Accounting. Professional Certification such as CPA/CA and/or CMA is preferable.
• About 7-9 years of related experience of which a minimum of 2-3 years should be in a similar position / responsibility, preferably in a similar Industry.
• Experience in usage of SAP System will be added advantage.
• Good communication skill. English is must, Arabic is an advantage