Position at Al Jazeera Media Network
The Head of Governance and Planning is responsible for the establishment and management of the end to end Governance and unified Quality Management Framework that comply to corporate goals, core business needs and the industry standards.
The role aims at maintaining the quality of Technology and Network operations services, processes and performance at the expected level of end user satisfaction through effective measurements and assessments facilitating continuous improvement and ensuring compliance to agreed policies and standards.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Establish and manage the end-to-end quality management system and ensure alignment with corporate strategy, business needs and cope with international standards (ISO 9001, ISO 27001, COBIT, ITIL, CMMI, TOGAF and others)
• Oversee broad policy and process framework as per the international best practices and industry standards, and continuously streamline critical Technology and Network Operations division processes and the interaction processes with other divisions to achieve best Technology and Network operations.
• Ensure proper controls are in place and enable quality assessments and audit programmes to verify compliance to the planned objectives and identify corrective actions and possible improvements through effective problem resolution strategy to ensure problems and issues related to quality are properly addressed and resolved.
• Establish and Manage an integrated structured performance system and dashboard KPIs for the entire Technology and Network Operations components of departmental, systems, people and services targets and work with coordination between the respective teams and stakeholders to monitor, report and optimize performance of the overall division operations.
• Advise proper SLAs for the key and cross-functional processes within different IT/Technology teams and external teams.
• Lead the efforts and work with different Technology and Network Operations and other stakeholders to set and implement business continuity plans and procedures, to ensure critical operation processes and services are available to customers and other entities as per agreed service levels.
• Promote quality culture across division through appropriate communication and effective processes and tools.
• Maintain complete and up-to-date documentation framework and repository for the entire quality system; including documented and certified policies, objectives, manuals, standards, processes and procedures, measures, standards templates, necessary records and controls.
• Participate in the evaluation of the overall success and effectiveness of Aljazeera s corporate services in relation to its strategy and goals.
Job Requirements / Qualifications:
• Bachelor or higher in IT, Computer Science or related field
• 10 years in IT domain preferably in Broadcast or Telecommunication industry, 8 years in Quality, Process, and TECHNOLOGY Governance frameworks, 4 years in a team lead role
• Quality standards and models (ISO, ITIL, COBIT)
• ISO 9001, ISO 27001