• Primary responsibility will be to ensure that the group s accounting records, reporting, internal control systems and related issues are effective, in accordance with good industry practice, and established systems are complied with, so as to protect the assets of the group.
• To review operating procedures followed in various entities in the group and to suggest alternatives which would be more cost effective and/or more revenue generating.
• To formulate adequate internal audit programs and to streamline the internal audit department so as to achieve the above objectives in a cost effective manner.
• Use effective internal audit techniques and audit software tools, including newer established methods, and draw up programs which are complete, logical and systematic for compliance. If necessary, carry out substantive tests of internal controls and operating procedures if compliance tests reflect weakness in significant areas.
• To establish the value proposition of the Internal Audit Department and communicate appropriately to the users and Owners, including regular and prompt reports on audit findings.
• To carry out specific investigative tasks, documentation of systems and other tasks as may be requested from time to time, broadly within the scope of the overall accounting functions of the group.
• To coordinate with the IT department (Hardware & Software) in furtherance of objectives.
• To run the internal audit department with professionalism in a cost effective manner.
• A detailed job description may be provided to you, if considered necessary, in due course. This job description may be changed/modified at the discretion of the Management, if circumstances warrant it.
• A Chartered Accountant with preferably CISA & IIA credentials
• Ideally with worked experience in a family owned/diversified organization.
• Good Personality & inter-personal skills