About JLL MEA
Across the Middle East and Africa (MEA) JLL is a leading player in the real estate and hospitality services markets.
The firm has worked in 35 countries across the region and employs over 800 internationally qualified professionals across its offices in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Jeddah, Al Khobar, Cairo, Casablanca and Johannesburg.
www.jll-mena.com ; www.jllvantagepoint.com
What this job involves
We are looking for a regional safety manager to ensure everyone complies with the health and safety laws. You will also be responsible for establishing policies that will create and maintain a safe workplace overseeing all projects.
• Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines
• Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety
• Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law
• Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention
• Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations
• Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures
• Report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics
• Champion a safety culture and organize HSE campaigns throughout the various offices and projects
• Provides for motivation and familiarization of all Company personnel respecting the importance of complying with Company system procedures and all Safety equipment provided.
• Assists the Commercial, Engineering and Operations Department in their dealings with Clients in all issues concerned with Health and Safety at work.
• Conducts safety audits both internal and external.
• Takes part in accident / incident investigation.
• Carries out safety audits on Sub-contractors.
• Liaises between Clients on safety related issues.
• Provides Safety support and advice, including supervision on preparation of plans and procedures for initial contract start up activities.
Sound like you? To apply you need to be:
• Bachelor s Degree in science/Engineering or equivalent with additional professional qualifications in HSE and Fire & Safety Management Systems.
• 12 or above years experience in Health, Safety and Environment and Fire Services of which 6 years should be in a proven management capacity
• Working knowledge in Health, Safety and Environment Management Systems, Incident Command System, Incident Investigation, HSE Auditing Techniques
• Working knowledge in ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001.
• Ability in understanding the regional legal health and safety guidelines
• Ability in producing reports and developing relevant policies
• Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
• Excellent organizational and motivational skills
• Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
What you can expect from us
You ll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, wellbeing, benefits and pay. We ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where JLL can take you...