About the Role
This is a fantastic opportunity for UK trained teachers to start their international career with a global leading company and world class International School located in this beautiful Emirate.
Due to the continued success of the school, and additional student enrollment numbers we are looking for passionate, dynamic teachers to join our existing team. We are looking for enthusiastic teachers who will make a difference every day to our children s development. We want colleagues who are ambitious to join a company in GEMS that has a world class reputation for outstanding education and a school that is ready to grow to meet our community s needs. We expect to serve around 2,000 families by September 2019.
Fujairah is not Dubai! But it is a wonderful place to live. Although only an hour s drive from that busy metropolis, Fujairah sits at the foot of the Hajar Mountains facing the Indian Ocean with some of the most beautiful coastline and spectacular scenery in the UAE. Its large port, one of the deepest in the world, is connected via an underground pipeline to Abu Dhabi and serves thousands of ships. Its Free Zone attracts many international businesses and trade is growing rapidly. People have been living in this region since Neolithic times, but is ready now to emerge into its new age of economic growth and prosperity. In ten years time, it will rival other famous UAE centres as an exciting modern city with a vibrant economy and culture. Today it is a very much cheaper and more laid-back place to live and work.
In return for your energy, resilience and experience, we offer you the opportunity to make a real impact on a developing community. You will work with the UAE s largest and most successful education company in GEMS, which will support your professional and career development, and you will work with a supportive Senior Leadership Team in Winchester School Fujairah who will help you develop your potential.
About the role and responsibilities:
• A key MLT role leading the improvement of teaching standards and improving children s development.
• Supporting and liaising closely with SLT, middle leaders, Head of Inclusion, MSO, PRE and teachers.
• Work directly with teachers to improve and develop their skills, knowledge and pedagogy so that student outcomes are improved.
• Liaise with Section/Key Stage Leaders and Heads of Department to support the improvement of academic standards in every section of the school.
• Work directly with members of the SLT to support teaching and learning and provide regular updates and reports on teachers progress against agreed targets and actions.
• Use mentoring/coaching methods to develop reflective practice in others and encouraging the use of new learning strategies.
• Liaise with the Head of Primary to ensure that teaching, learning and assessment are important components of the appraisal (PDPs) of all teachers and that observation outcomes inform appraisal action plans.
The successful applicant will have the following:
A certified teaching qualification, such as B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent.
The desire to provide Outstanding teaching and learning
Aspiration to work in a world class school with real prospects for enhancing their career
At least 2 years of post qualifying experience