Head of Learning Experience Design | Curio
Curio Learn is a game-based learning solution powered by Saal.ai. We are building a revolutionary learning experience with the aim that no kid in the world should lack foundational skills. As Curio Implementation Specialists, you will play a critical role in the success of our learning products and services by focusing on supporting teachers and students at schools.
Saal.ai is an UAE-based organization focusing on AI frameworks capable of performing cognitive tasks via multimodal sensor inputs. We strive towards Artificial General Intelligence using learning paradigms such as Active Learning, Meta-Learning and Reinforcement Learning. We are committed to developing market-leading products and services in industries we operate, and we continue to evolve our technology and business models to deliver value to our ecosystem.
According to UNESCO, 617 million children all over the world lack foundational skills in mathematics and reading. We are building a revolutionary K-12 learning experience with the aim that no kid in the world should lack foundational skills. As an Abu Dhabi-based company, we are starting with the UAE but quickly scaling globally.
The Curio Learn team is seeking an imaginative, talented, technically savvy, and innovative Head of Learning Experience Design. In this role, you will lead our content strategy and production teams in delivering effective, scalable, and engaging learning experiences and solutions that impact our K-12 learners globally.
The ideal candidate will be an industry thought-leader in learning experience design and will be highly effective leading multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Lead and develop a team of learning experience designers, content strategists, and content production specialists
• Assess technology trends and educational needs arising from these.
• Work with content strategist (SMEs) to devise learning goals and curriculum accordingly.
• Design most appropriate structure, media, delivery formats depending on learning goals, audience, and business objectives.
• Plan and manage content development cycle in collaboration with leadership, whether developed internally or with partners.
• Pilot content and integrate user feedback into content design.
• Work with the Technology team to test, deploy and roll-out learning solutions
• Work with Sales and Success Team (Training, Implementation & Support) on launch communication and marketing to maximise awareness and uptake.
• Create and update training materials and resources as well as spearhead their internal training of learning content
• Consider new market opportunities for our course assets.
• Support the Success Team during implementation and training events
• Collaborate cross-functionally with business leaders at all levels to identify needs, scope solutions, and build/deliver a variety of learning experience solutions
• Bachelor s degree in a relevant field such as business, education, instructional design, organizational development or equivalent experience
• 10 years experience in the areas of learning experience design
• Proven experience in developing and implementing innovative learning and development solutions within a fast-paced operations environment
• Strong analytical skills and experience using and presenting data to make decisions
• Program management skills - including managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track and excellent time management
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence business leaders and peers
• Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem solving skills, critical thinking and willingness to be vocally self-critical
• Ability to deliver results with minimal supervision in a dynamic and often ambiguous environment
• Outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills; current role model for learning and development leaders
• Minimum 3 years teaching experience in K-12 environment
• Previous experience leading PLCs is ideal
• At least 1 year leading teachers in development/instruction of curriculum
• Strong knowledge of instructional strategies, curriculum standards and assessments
• Experience implementing, using, and training on ed tech tools
• Advanced understanding of current emerging practices related to subject area (Arabic,English, Math, and Science)
• Master s/advanced degree in a related discipline
• Experience founding your own or working at an early-stage startup
• Experience with business, financial and process improvement tools, concepts and methodologies