Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organization and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organization that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here .
ABOUT THE ROLE
While the wind has been at our back, we now have a unique opportunity to design the building blocks of success for the company over the medium term our corporate architecture, regulatory strategy, risk management, and growth. We are looking for a bright, ambitious and highly organized legal counsel to be based in Amman who will work directly with the general counsel in Dubai in building the legal function at Careem.
Key responsibilities include:
• Managing transactions and internal risk/compliance issues for Careem Jordan
• Negotiating with regulators
• Drafting of contracts
• Formulating risk management strategies
• Creating relevant compliance material and training colleagues in our Pakistan offices
• Building a strong know-how library for our Jordanian business
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative. This candidate will thrive on uncertainty, the challenge of building totally new models in the region, be unafraid to work long hours and have a clear spike on getting things done. Additional qualifications include:
• Law degree from a top university
• Fluent in English and Arabic (both oral and written)
• 5-8 yrs experience as an associate with a top law firm
• Corporate, commercial or finance experience preferred but not required
• The ability to prioritize and multi-task, particularly when working under pressure and to tight deadlines
• A methodical approach to work with a strong focus on accuracy
• Willingness to work beyond the core business hours to meet expectations
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits, and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction.
Industry Type :
Logistics / Transportation / Warehousing / Courier
Functional Area :
Lawyers / Legal Advisors