Department & Section: MM& W
Direct Manager: Assistant Manager MM&W
Working Relationships (internal):
• Working in Material Handling Area & Cranes
• To lead Material Handling & Cranes Mechanical Maintenance Team
• Support Departmental Manager Mechanical Maintenance & Workshop, Direct Reduction Plant and Steel Making Plant
Working Relationships (external)
• As required
Providing engineering advice and front-line technical support to Material Handling & Cranes Mechanical maintenance team to ensure smooth operation of plant (minimize down time and increase the plant availability & consumption of spares with cost consciousness).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Key Accountabilities)
Leadership and Supervision:
• Develop a highly competent and motivated work force. Prepare staff reports, task and targets, development plan, training and leave schedules.
• Prepare maintenance plans for all mechanical equipment’s of Material Handling & Cranes in coordination with the planning section.
• Discuss operations problems for optimization with operations department in coordination with the Departmental Manager.
• To lead, develop, train and evaluate Material Handling & Crane maintenance team (instruction and guidance to Supervisors, Sr. Technicians & Technicians)
Budgeting & Costing:
• Responsible for preparing & proposing accurate annual budgets for management approval to implement the operational plan effectively and managing maintenance activities within the allocated budgetary provisions to ensure cost effectiveness.
Planning for Contingency:
• Responsible for planning and execution of scheduled preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance and major repairs to optimize production & reduce downtime.
• Responsible for trouble shooting during breakdowns all related equipment and facilities.
• Responsible for Cranes periodical load testing, planning & ensuring the legal requirements for lifting tools & tackle one applied & Color Code System as well.
• Identify frequent equipment failure and breakdowns and find out the root cause to solve the problems (if required modifying the existing design).
Manage Delivery Targets:
• Manage Mechanical Maintenance Material Handling section & Cranes resources and activities and ensure deliveries are met according to agreed tasks and targets in a professional, responsible and cost effective manner.
Safety, Quality & Environment:
• To follow all relevant safety, quality, health and environmental management policies, procedures & also ensure awareness about these in his staff.
Policies and Procedural Implementation:
• Ensure that all mechanical equipment’s of Material Handling & Cranes are inspected, maintained or overhauled in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner, according to best maintenance philosophies, procedures and practices.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
• Any aspect not the core of the job but might be requested